cm16 upgrades and shorty shotty

daxairsoft

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi peeps

Been to a few skirmishes and got the ukara etc just looking at first gun.

Son wants cm16 needs to know what optics and light/ grip is the best.

Weve looked and cant make a decision any suggestions? Want to do a custom paint job aswell. I want a shotty. Short if poss, any suggestions. Also recommendations on a decent glock gbb.

Cheers fellas

Not sure what to suggest for an optic, but it comes down to personal preference really. Always best to try one out if possible.

Magnified scopes aren't much use in airsoft unless you're a marksman / sniper, so a good sight would be a Reflex red dot sort of thing or Aimpoint replica.

You can Chinese ones on Ali Express for only £14-£22. I don't know how long they last but I'd imagine they're good enough. After all, I've heard the UK retailers buy from Ali Express themselves and so they sell the same thing for £30-£40.

Shotgun

Only shotgun worth getting in my opinion is a DE tri shot. It's a different name on here but UTG / DE / EE / ASG are all the same.

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/shotgun-m56a-ee?from=related&campaign-id=6

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/shotgun-m56b-short-ee?from=related&campaign-id=6

TaiwanGun are a Polish company despite their name so you won't need to pay tax / import duty on anything. You just need to make sure your UKARA number is clearly on the box. So write it in the Company line in the address so it's seen. I think there's also an 'order commentary' section so you can ask them to write it on the box in there as well. I know once for somebody they didn't when he asked (it still got through okay though) so it's a good idea to put it in both the order details and the comment box.

If you want to buy it in the UK I know they sell this one at Patrol Base:
http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-shotguns-and-grenade-launchers/asg-franchi-sas-12.htm#.U9VoGvldXWg

Hope this helps!

Glock GBB

I'd recommend any WE Gen 4 Glock. Their dimensions are a little off the real steel pistol so for example the Glock 17 actually has a wider frame like a .45 Glock and not one chambered for 9mm.

If you have a bit more to spend, go for a Tokyo Marui instead. You can't beat them.

all (airsoft) shotguns are pretty useless for cqb, but if you have to have one, go for tri shot.

and yes, G&G CM16 is the no.1 beginners/budget gun. look at a few other introduction threads and you'll see what I mean :)

if the pistol does not have to be a glock, KWA PTP are amazing.

• Supporters

all (airsoft) shotguns are pretty useless for cqb, but if you have to have one, go for tri shot.

Well that's bollocks for starters.

Shotguns of all types are excellent for CQB. The shorter ranges involved negate the issues of power for the shotgun. Granted relaods can be a pain but that's no different than using low cap mags in an AEG.

But yes, get a tri-shot.

Well that's bollocks for starters.

Shotguns of all types are excellent for CQB. The shorter ranges involved negate the issues of power for the shotgun. Granted relaods can be a pain but that's no different than using low cap mags in an AEG.

But yes, get a tri-shot.

you dont see any different between semi auto with a 30 bbs mag and to pump inbetween each shot? seriously? and how likely is he to use a lowcap in any case? having to carefully take aim before each shot not to waste it because you have to reload before your next shot while you're lit up on rapid semi or auto? I can kind of see that as a disadvantage!

I played a game with "no rapid fire" once and well, that made some difference to the game!

• Supporters

you dont see any different between semi auto with a 30 bbs mag and to pump inbetween each shot? seriously? and how likely is he to use a lowcap in any case? having to carefully take aim before each shot not to waste it because you have to reload before your next shot while you're lit up on rapid semi or auto? I can kind of see that as a disadvantage!

I played a game with "no rapid fire" once and well, that made some difference to the game!

Ok, maybe "no difference" was stretching the point, but seriously - you think shotguns are useless in CQB? They're not going to be much use in woodland I would say but I'm sure someone will disagree with me.

Ok, maybe "no difference" was stretching the point, but seriously - you think shotguns are useless in CQB? They're not going to be much use in woodland I would say but I'm sure someone will disagree with me.

I do think that. At least as a primary. I don't think they will be particularly useful in woodland.. HOWEVER I can see the niche for them in woodland, specifically the single shot ones. As in doing it just for the sake of playing with a gun that require an action between each shot.. The same way I once purchased a vsr with no intention to upgrade it to a sniper, rather just use it as a classic bolt action rifle (m100 & irons).

Might want to define cqb as well.. when I think cqb I think inside a building, pretty cramped and most of your engagements is between doors and windows.

• Supporters

Might want to define cqb as well.. when I think cqb I think inside a building, pretty cramped and most of your engagements is between doors and windows.

Ah....you've never played at the Malls have you?

Ah....you've never played at the Malls have you?

nope, but I have played at places with outdoor sections where I can see how you could get a kill or two with a shotgun^^

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.