Summer heatwave loadouts

Russe11

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As it's summer and the sun is out for a change, I thought I would see how everyone deals with the heat.

I personally put together a loadout specifically for these conditions and tried it out today:

Boots: Tan coloured work boots-these are comfy low leg boots and work well with thin socks

Gaiters: US M38 lace up gaiters to cope with vegetation

m1938leggins.jpg

Trousers: US herringbone Twill (HBT) trousers- tough but very lightweight and baggy for better ventilation, oh and 2 MASSIVE pockets.

SKU1007Aweba.jpg

Shirt: British general service shirt- cheaper than the correct shirt for this loadout and also seems to have very good wicking properties.

Hat: Aussie slouch hat- keeps the sun off.

Webbing: P37 webbing with water bottle carrier (adapted Aussie fashion to attach directly to the belt). The P37 water bottle has quite a large capacity.

This is my Aussie Jungle loadout. The idea was to make a WW2 loadout using as much stuff I already had (hat webbing etc) but suitable for woodland skirmishes on hot days. It really works! I still got hot running about, but I cooled off afterwards really fast. Other players were suffering. Usually I am one of those people that cannot cope with heat.

I was worried the big hat would give away my position, it seemed not to. I guess its not a shape people are used to looking for.

Tan baseball cap

Tan/black shemagh

Tan T-shirt

Bulle lightweight chest rig, tan

Tan combats

Desert boots

I also stick a hydration pouch on. It's a great lightweight loadout for this heat, and it's a great impression loadout for PMC.

Under armour tshirt (black).

Czech m95 or multicam trousers.

Austrian army pistol belt.

Two olive drab green pouches loaded with shotgun shells.

Olive drab pistol holster with pistol magazine pouch.

Hydration pouch.

Dump pouch (black).

Hiking boots.

Use this for CQB only as I prefer the extra padding against sniper hits that a chest rig provides in woodland - even when it's very warm. Very lightweight, highly mobile loadout even if I usually end the day looking like I have chicken pox.

• Supporters

Grey HiGear wicking undershirt, WAS 901, Emerson G3 trousers, baseball cap. Done.

shorts, tshirt, boots.... some kind of hat if my hair is newly cut.

gloves are not fun in the heat. depending on how hot it is I might dump my rig and go highcap.

think that's all really, except I pop a 2L water in the car

Full-on VN tropical kit, with full webbing, M1 helmet and all the magazines you can carry. Finish the day with authentic sweat stains! It's all about the look... ;-)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.