Advice on Externals (M4)

Trojan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just want to know what are some good guns to keep in mind when upgrading my M4. I want the most tacticool look possible :)

Right now it's pretty plain, crane stock, crappy sight, beautiful MK18 Madbul DD RIS, clone magpul AFG.

4b9tnYK.jpg

I'm going to be changing the grip to something along the lines of this http://www.windhamweaponry.com/images/KIT-PISTOLGRIP-A2.jpg, possibly get a nice ACOG, and get a nice long silencer.

What sort of gun builds should I be looking at for inspiration, ideally want it all black..

Hard to suggest what you want to look for because of course it really depends on personal preference.

Take a look on Google, search AR-15 and see which ones you like the look of.

I would consider what is practical and rather than just what looks cool though so that the set up works well for you.

Personally I really like the Noveske NSR keymod handguards. Will be buying one for my future RM4 or GBBR.

Here's a few from my gun pr0n folder:

spike.jpg

Spike's Tactical AR w/ Magpul MOE stock and MOE-K grip. BCM flashhider. Looks like a Daniel Defense Omega X Rail 7" or 9" but there are longer versions available as well.

typhonrifle.jpg

Not sure about the parts on this, and the angle doesn't help. I know it's a Magpul CTR Stock and the it's hydro-dipped in Kryptek Typhon. Front end reminds me of both a Noveske Free FIoat rail and a keymod handguard. I think it looks very tacti-cool. :)

bcmrifle.jpg

BCM AR. Has an ACOG which you might get, and a crane stock you already have. I think that is a Stark vertical foregrip. There are Madbull and ACM clones of it. Some kind of keymod handguard but you could use the Madbull Noveske ones.

The flashlight is a HSP Inforce WML and muzzle attachment is a Rainier Arms Mini XT Compensator.

TRXrifle.jpg

Last one. Troy TRX BattleRail (13" here by the looks of it) and a Troy BattleAx CQB Stock. Unfortunately, the Madbull airsoft versions are around £80+ and £100 respectively. Not sure what kind of budget you have.

Sorry, should have made it clear, one of the main things I don't want to do is replace my beautiful DD RIS. I want to keep that. My budget would be around 80-120 on the external parts, and of course - they can look cool and both be practical! I'm pretty sure every part has both sides to it lol.

I don't want to replace: crane stock, RIS rail.

But yes thanks for the images. Will take another look at ar-15 images on google, sticking to the all black theme. :)

What do you want us to recommend then? Rail covers and a foregrip?

Everything else! Hahah I only want to leave out the DD RIS because I spent a fair bit on it and love the madbull product, and the crane stock because I prefer crane over magpuls skinny stocks.

As for recommendations just leave some images of the ar-15 that you like, like Mr-B has done, or alternatively recommend some foregrips, dual mag systems, sights, lasers, peq boxes, pistol grips.

I only want to leave out the DD RIS because I spent a fair bit on it and love the madbull product, and the crane stock because I prefer crane over magpuls skinny stocks.

definitely switch up the stock to a magpul ctr or a clone version. Apart that could get a peq box and maybe a flashlight?

Best torches you can get are O-Light and SureFire. There may be others but those are the most memorable.

Surefire are @ £100+ and O-Light @ £50+

well it depends where you buy it from. I believe pro airsoft has quite a good selection of cheap ones and the VFC but I won't recommend torches as tac has and also I'm not really sure, haven't looked too deeply into them. http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/peq_boxes.html

I'm guessing the VFC one is good due to price.

Also I notice you call your sight "crappy". I'm not sure if you would like another one, but I will say I believe pro airsoft also has a good range again: http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Scopes-2.html

Also I think the stock is quite nasty, and you don't necessarily have to have a thin magpul stock. However the other magpuls are quite - very expensive so I won't really recommend them.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.