Airsoft elite organisation

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If I might be so bold as to stick my oar in here....

I am an airsoft newbie but it strikes me that if you're gonna make the claim of being "elite" then you must

a) have some form of track record to prove that I.e results AS A TEAM or

B) excellent subject knowledge.

You seem to be lacking. (Not criticism just observation)

This is pobably why the lads have given you a bit of a hard time.

None of your other members on this forum to assist you in your claim?

Quite unnecessary x50, and there is nothing to back them being bad at airsoft. Very amusing clup thou!

Thing is, we're a friendly forum. But when you come here claiming to be elite.... heh.

oh and just to be clear, calling your team "elite airsoft ninja cats" and claiming to be elite is not the same :P

Also airsoft and military are very different. A soldiers main focus is staying alive, which is very different from what is required from you in airsoft.

^ Seems... His elite training means he can go unseen to our uniniated eyes.

like like LIKE LIKE LIKE !!!!!!! this is probably my favorite post from you...

To be claiming you are elite will always be easy without a national league or similar. That said, all products or service claim to be the bestest wether it's washing up liquid or engine oil. I'm not gonna have a go at him for calling his group elite because deep down alot of of us think we have the best team going but don't have the balls to come out and say it. If he chooses to have a very intense take on airsoft with training than is agree it's elite to a degree. My team are more likely to discuss the latest marvel film than tactics. We have never ever (well not unless they didn't invite me lol) had a formal trainjng session and likewise done zero drills. Even if this guy DOESNT use SAS style training and just uses regular tactics/training then that would probably put his team in the top 5% of airsoft teams based on the fact 95% play in such an amateur fashion.

Also he has to market as elite in order to attract the right people. If he advertised in such a way to attract people who think a team meet up is a chance to get pissed rather than discuss tactics, I imagine he would pull his hair out lol.

In short, do I agree with him using the word elite... Yes. Remember he's just saying elite airsoft NOT elite real steel. The difference is light years apart lol

• Supporters

My advice to OP would be to make use of the community here, sure we're belligerent, but we're a lot like an angry German Shepherd - give us some bacon, maybe a sausage or two, maybe some belly rubs and we've got your back.

If you want to be the best at anything you've got to sweat, and you could do worse than seek advice from our AF-UK family, on all things in your endeavor, from the web design aspects (which I'm sure someone could help you with), to augmenting any RS based training you have into something more useful for airsoft, through to weapon repair and maintenance (useful for any team, and pretty much the ONLY reason to demand everyone uses the same weapon).

If, between us here, we don't pretty much know everything worth knowing about dressing up and playing toy-soldier in the woods, then I will eat my hat (you'll have to buy me a hat first).

• Supporters

Also he has to market as elite in order to attract the right people. If he advertised in such a way to attract people who think a team meet up is a chance to get pissed rather than discuss tactics, I imagine he would pull his hair out lol.

In short, do I agree with him using the word elite... Yes. Remember he's just saying elite airsoft NOT elite real steel. The difference is light years apart lol

I do however, dispute both of these statements. (The below isn't meant to sound confrontational, but probably does, I'm more going for thought-provoking).

Marketing himself in this way turns me right off, yet I am HIGHLY competitive and tend to play hardball, because I REALLY like winning. I would say he needs to define the goals of his team, their objectives and how they want to achieve them in terms of play style, more information on team structure, details of the training, what he thinks makes a good airsofter more than 'pass my selection' - tell people what he wants and expects and anyone who wants to have something more focused in their airsoft-life will gravitate toward it. If he wants to list specific loadouts, fine, but have a well thought out argument as to why I need to spunk hundreds of pounds on fitting in to your requirements...

As for saying elite airsoft and NOT elite real steel, the focus he was putting on this 'Colonel Bateson' and the use of ranking to me says they WANT it to be comparable to real steel, though of course everyone interprets things differently...

I do however, dispute both of these statements. (The below isn't meant to sound confrontational, but probably does, I'm more going for thought-provoking).

Marketing himself in this way turns me right off, yet I am HIGHLY competitive and tend to play hardball, because I REALLY like winning. I would say he needs to define the goals of his team, their objectives and how they want to achieve them in terms of play style, more information on team structure, details of the training, what he thinks makes a good airsofter more than 'pass my selection' - tell people what he wants and expects and anyone who wants to have something more focused in their airsoft-life will gravitate toward it. If he wants to list specific loadouts, fine, but have a well thought out argument as to why I need to spunk hundreds of pounds on fitting in to your requirements...

As for saying elite airsoft and NOT elite real steel, the focus he was putting on this 'Colonel Bateson' and the use of ranking to me says they WANT it to be comparable to real steel, though of course everyone interprets things differently...

As I said, his marketing is all wrong (and probably some of the org structure too). Being the type you are and not being interested proves he's hop is way off. You are the perfect sort of person for him to liaise with to help really tune this into something decent. At the mo it's more JG but with the right input it could be TM lol.

The whole col Bateson seems to me quite literally to be "bate son" in the sense this figure is there to bate people towards the org. Personally I think this technique is a real real bad idea as it can go terribly wrong. Put a guy on a pedestal like that and he's there to get shot down.

I imagine the org will change a lot before it's gets any sort of momentum. Keep feeding these guys ideas chaps as well as honest constructive feedback as ultimately it will help and that's what we are all here for :-)

Personally, I think this topic smacks of a lynching posse.

The OP has made a post. You might not agree with whats been said and irrespective of whether you decide to join up or ignore the offer, is it fair to snarl, snap and gang-up ?

I don't use another Airsoft forum because if you ever say something that isn't liked by the like minded clique that dominate the forum, they gang up and turn on you. Lets not get the same on here.

• Supporters

^ Seems... His elite training means he can go unseen to our uniniated eyes.

Proper read that as "urinated eyes" a good 5 or 6 times there, I was just sat here thinking, "...What? Pissed on eyes...?" Haha

But anyway, my issue with it is that the over the top way it's presented is sort of similar to those scams you get emails about, where on the surface you think, "Hmm, yeah" but the second you actually give it some thought, you immediately turn your nose up and delete the email.

Like those bots that like airsoft pages just to try and sell hangbags on Facebook, y'know? You'll go on the profile and there'll be some photos and it'll look like a genuine person, but then you check their interests and look at their posts and you realise they have nothing to do with airsoft at all and thus; *decline request to join*

Like Britain First's Facebook page! That sort of weird propagandist type affair, except this doesn't have a clear cut goal.

I just think the whole thing seems a bit scary, like someone's just thought, "How can we get airsofter's attention?" then compiled a list of all the stuff airsofters like, without knowing themselves, hence the unusualness, and then crammed it all into one paragraph to try and sell the idea, but instead it's just come across as some really terribly written, rip off of the RMC recruitment ads.

Like it's just trying to sucker in some naïve people who might not know any better. For what purpose? No idea. But I'm going to be avoiding it like the plague.

There was another similarly walt-tastic page floating around not so long ago where some individual bloke, who almost definitely will have been on some sort of register, was trying to build a team up and this just hums all the same tunes.

Might I have got the wrong end of the stick and blown this ridiculously out of proportion? Yeah, and I kinda hope I have because I'd love nothing more than to be wrong and if I am, I apologise. But this whole thing just gives me all sorts of funny gut feelings.

So if I am wrong, you really need to work on your writing and change your approach.

Oh my sides are splitting at this.

Very easy to spot scams/walts. Col Bateson? Really, hold on I will just go and check the London Gazette, THAT LISTS EVERY OFFICER EVER TO GRADUATE SANDHURST. I doubt there will be anyone that fits your description

Oh and as a serving UK HM Forces Officer, can I just say the usage of ranks that you aren't entitled to does kinda piss us off......

Smells of some 12 yr old with a COD fetish trying to be 'leet'. Go away OP and don't come back.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.