tokyo marui recoils.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ok so ive been airsofting for a couple of years now and am deciding whether to upgrade to a recoil shock.

what i want to know is-

how customisable are they?

how reliable?

how well do the perform?

are they worth the money?

thanks joe

-edit- photos of peoples recoils would be helpful aswell

Considering how many people swear by em if say they're definitely worth it. Performance is very good AFAIK because of TM's hop units (range and accuracy) Should be very reliable because it's TM.

You don't need to upgrade a TM Recoil. I wouldn't tamper with it and I'd leave it alone.

• Supporters

As far as i know ;)

If you're waiting and can wait a while, there is a recoil 417 in the pipeline.

how customisable are they? If you get a socom with the normal batteries then it'll take pretty much any normal external (apart from receivers and specific recoil outer barrels). It's a TM so normal TM compatible parts will fit.

how reliable? It's a TM, there's more to go wrong than normal aegs but it's not a problem. I've had two for coming on two years and neither have had issues. One was second hand and was running fine with an upgraded spring beforehand for another year and a half.

how well do the perform? Very well, some of the best guns out of the box and very fun to shoot with the recoil weight.

are they worth the money? Yes.

ok well ive heard about the 417 before but knowing airsoft companies campaigns it wont be out for 18+ months or so. although this actually helps because it means i can save. how much would you be looking at for say a socum+mags+other bits you need, (dont know if these run on normal batteries and inturn need a specific charger?

I know when it comes to airsoft, slot of the fun is customizing and upgrading some, if not all the major parts. This is all fun and good with a £150 aeg, but to be honest with a TM recoil there is not a need to do very much at all. Swap out the nihm for a lipo and your good to go. Yes you can go nuts and spend a ridiculous amount of money and improving what the men in white coats have achieved but the extra cost probably won't be equal to extra performance.

Best way to look at it is boy racer buys a ford fiesta and chucks a million mods at it. Next guy buys a Ferrari and he accepts it's pretty much 99% perfection

Performance wise it's incredible but I won't bore you with that chat. Instead I'm going to appeal to your heart plain and simple. I do not know of another gun (systemas included) that will put a bigger goofier smile on your face! Once you go TM recoil it's impossible to go back to something else (especially a non recoil gun)

• Supporters

ok well ive heard about the 417 before but knowing airsoft companies campaigns it wont be out for 18+ months or so. although this actually helps because it means i can save. how much would you be looking at for say a socum+mags+other bits you need, (dont know if these run on normal batteries and inturn need a specific charger?

Socoms can be had for about 420, 6 mags is maybe another 100 or so, then it just takes normal batteries, preferably 7.4 lipos.

fair enough and it is 50 quid cheaper or so from what ive seen.

looks like ill be buying -

socom-£439.95

5? mags-£99.75

battery? (will this take my WE lipo?)

noveske nsr 9" or a dd light rail (mk18/9"/12"?)

some buis probably troy replicas-£45

visionking short dot and mount-£60/70

magpul afg-£25

• Supporters

fair enough and it is 50 quid cheaper or so from what ive seen.

looks like ill be buying -

socom-£439.95

5? mags-£99.75

battery? (will this take my WE lipo?)

noveske nsr 9" or a dd light rail (mk18/9"/12"?)

some buis probably troy replicas-£45

visionking short dot and mount-£60/70

magpul afg-£25

£439.95 for a SOCOM, you trippin' bruh?!

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-recoil-m4a1-socom-airsoft-gun-ebb-aeg

£390, save yourself another £50!

Or, if you want to save even more:

http://echigoya-guns.com/guns/index.php?route=product/product&path=36_35&product_id=51

$460 (free shipping!) is about £270, expect another £60 or so on top for VAT/duty and you're more than a hundred quid better off.

For LiPo batteries inside the front rail, depending what rail you put on you can expect to have to do some work to get it all to fit. I use these batteries:

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/batteries-bbs-gas-chronographs-c5/batteries-c62/we-7-4v-1450mah-25c-crane-stock-lipo-p3193

They're the thinnest LiPo I've managed to find anywhere and I still had to remove quite a bit of material from inside a Daniel Defence RIS2 to get them to fit.

The outer barrel also is a one-piece 14.5" so if you want to put a 9.5" rail on there you're going to need to buy a 10.5" outer barrel too.

well thanks.

i have a crane stock lipo but am prepared to buy a new one as i use this one for my 417,mp5,m4.

also again thanks i was looking at zeroone (http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_399&products_id=5494) so guess thats a saving.

new buy list-

socom-£310

5 mags- £100

dd 12" rail-£?

visionking scope+rail-£70

magpul afg-£25

total-£505+whatever the rail cost.

• Supporters

rail is about £120 ish normally, you'll need to budget another £10 for the barrel nut tool and £8 for a pack of barrel shims too, without the right tool you'll never get the nut tight enough and without the shims your barrel will be really wobbly.

£519.53 is the initial total

thats for the-

socom

4x 82 round mags

ambidextrous sling plate

10.5 inch barrel

£60 for customs

the 12"dd lite rail

i already have an element afg which i might aswell use, only things left to add to the list is the scope and mount me thinks.

anyone know if im missing anything.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.