Not another Noob!

Frosty0769

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all just thought I would introduce myself. I'm new to all this and will hopefully be having my first session and Skirmish in Billericay in a week or so.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Guys

How big is the scene in Essex? I' went to Billericay yesterday and was kindly given a walk around to see what goes on first hand. I've also seen there is a venue over by Blue Water that is not to far for me to travel.

Apart from those are there any others?

Cheers

Frosty

Quite a few.

Dragons Lair, AWA at Sawbridgeworth.

There are plenty of sites the other side of the bridge in Kent, but that can be a pain getting back on Sunday evening.

We organise milsims at different locations and the next one is just round the M25 at Kings Langley, which is into Herts

Welcome to the forum mate!

do you have your own gun? if not feel free to ask any questions. Welcome to the forums and I hope you love airsoft!

No I don't have my own gun just yet. Going to rent for the time being until I know what I really want. Would need by three days in two to three months before I can purchase. The legislation is a positive as it will make sure I'm actually wanting to do this long term before spending £200+ on a gun.

I'm looking at M417 rif at the mo but I've got plenty of time to change my mind before having to choose.

Hi mate I am also going to Skirmish Billericay on the 10th for my first time. I went a while back and they took me round. There is also another site in Billericay called Airsoft plantation AP that looks like a good site as well.

I should be going on the 10th as well as that's the next one for beginners. I know you can pre-book rentals, but, do you know if you need to pre book the day itself??

No if you have your own kit you can just turn up and pay the walk on fee of £17 then its £15 each time after. But if you need to rent you will need to get booked in asap. I have all mine as I dont like renting but thats just me.

Well I've booked an M4 for the 10th.

I also popped into Airsoft zone in Romford today on the way home from work as the trains were messed up. I got myself some protective glasses and was shown LOADS of guns. They were Very helpful in there and I was given loads of information that went beyond my current level of knowledge. They did have the exact rifle I want though all be it in olive and not black. I was quite impressed with the M16 with the under slung Master key as well although I doubt I would want to lug that about for 6 or seven hours and it would be a nightmare for any CQB.

I do need two questions answering and they are:

1 what does it mean when the rif is "Blowback"

2 what does Mag pull refer to?

Thanks

Mark

There are different types of blowback; you can get a gas powered blowback (GBB) or a mechanical one on an AEG but its basically when the working parts move back to simulate a weapon being fired.

MAGPUL is a company that makes add on parts/accessories for weapons.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.