where in europe can i buy surplus ak wooden furinture

chris555

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Keep in mind though that a lot of the parts on that page are 100% illegal to even own in this country. Anything which relates to the gas parts, barrel or bolt of an AK47/74 is definitely section 5 and likely to warrant a visit from the police if you try and import it!

...illegal ....gas parts.... police ....

As I understand only parts that are in direct contact with the shell/bullet (magazines excluded) are illegal to own without a license in the UK? Have I misunderstood? :)

• Supporters

As I understand only parts that are in direct contact with the shell/bullet (magazines excluded) are illegal to own without a license in the UK? Have I misunderstood? :)

yes, you have misunderstood, any load bearing parts (which includes the whole gas system and some muzzle devices) are controlled, if they're for an automatic rifle they're section 5.

Keep in mind though that a lot of the parts on that page are 100% illegal to even own in this country. Anything which relates to the gas parts, barrel or bolt of an AK47/74 is definitely section 5 and likely to warrant a visit from the police if you try and import it!

It's the wooden parts he wants, they should be fine. I linked the whole page rather than link each bit of wooden furniture separately.

• Supporters

I'm aware of that, I just wanted to highlight that just because you CAN order an AK47 bolt carrier... doesn't mean you should!

Wooden parts are furniture and are 100% legal, regardless of what they've come off.

yes, you have misunderstood, any load bearing parts (which includes the whole gas system and some muzzle devices) are controlled, if they're for an automatic rifle they're section 5.

ah yes, I recognise that wording! Will have to try to figure out what exactly that means later. Pardon, I'm not an English native speaker, hence the misunderstanding.

• Supporters

I was going to say rusmilitary.com but they seem to be out of stock of just about everything!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.