Inconsistent Hop Up TM

ItsAJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys I bought a recoil shock Scar H been having problems with a jamming midcap mag and tried all sorts of bbs, oiled it which helped but hasnt completely eliminated the problem, I don't know if this will affect the hop up or not but just thought I should put it out there first.

Basically I set a target at 45 meters on the dot and fired some shots before adjusting my hop up till it shot straight, that was fine and dandy but about 10-15 shots later it begins dipping down suddenly falling short easily by 10m. Adjusted the hop up again and it doesn't do anything, set the hop up completely off and restart the whole procedure which goes exactly as before. What's going on? A TM should not be doing this with 0.25g excels! Or at all.

Try cleaning the rubber maybe? Soak it in a bowl of warm water with washing up liquid in it. Fairy liquid is supposed to work especially well.

I found out you're not actually supposed to put silicone oil in your mags because you don't want to get it on your hop rubber.

Oily BBs from the mag often cause inconsistent hop,and since the rubber is 'tainted' it needs to be cleaned out. I often heavily advise against putting any sort of oil near your ammo but what have you,we aren't bound by some ancient airsoft tenets.

Thankfully we live in a world where we can shaft retailers to our liking.

That said,and as said by Jcheese,you paid 500 pounds,your gun should have worked properly out of the box. You shouldn't have had to go about lubricating parts that normally should not be lubricated to get it to work if the gun was in good condition and not a lemon. I don't buy a brand new Mercedes E class and go around pouring oil around interior buttons and switches because they didn't move.

Send it back and get a new one.The oily rubber is irrelevant,any tech with half a brain can wash a bucking and the gun is not at a total loss. Their problem now.

Personally If I was the shop owner I would have taken the gun as a lemon and gutted it for parts,then sold them at slightly cheaper than what you would pay imported. They'd fly off the shelves,there's a fair market for recoil shock parts since they are not widespread outside of japan.

Thanks so much guys, pretty sure even the manual said to oil the mag in jamming etc so covered there too.

When the hop up works the guns amazing, really is great. Pity I got the 1 in 1000 that doesn't work right.

As far as I know fire support are great at customer service so should be ok, gonna cost me a fortune to send it back though from NI.

Yea we have spoken alot already, the fella I think said something about it costing me if I have to send it back, but I will definitely say to him spent that amount of money and had a bit of hassle with the gun so would be the proper thing to do.

Great little article with lots of good relevant info, I have used the sale of goods act a few times some with sucess other times not but definitely good to know your rights. Will let you guys know tomorrow what happens, I should have an email from them by then.

tell them the problem, as it's faulty they're responsible for paying the return postage.

http://airsoftoperator.com/consumer-rights-uk/

Have a read through that and know your rights and retailers responsibilities

Oily BBs from the mag often cause inconsistent hop,and since the rubber is 'tainted' it needs to be cleaned out. I often heavily advise against putting any sort of oil near your ammo but what have you,we aren't bound by some ancient airsoft tenets.

Thankfully we live in a world where we can shaft retailers to our liking.

That said,and as said by Jcheese,you paid 500 pounds,your gun should have worked properly out of the box. You shouldn't have had to go about lubricating parts that normally should not be lubricated to get it to work if the gun was in good condition and not a lemon. I don't buy a brand new Mercedes E class and go around pouring oil around interior buttons and switches because they didn't move.

Send it back and get a new one.The oily rubber is irrelevant,any tech with half a brain can wash a bucking and the gun is not at a total loss. Their problem now.

Personally If I was the shop owner I would have taken the gun as a lemon and gutted it for parts,then sold them at slightly cheaper than what you would pay imported. They'd fly off the shelves,there's a fair market for recoil shock parts since they are not widespread outside of japan.

Here is the email I just recieved guys.

"Hi Alan,

looks like it will have to come back to us to be honest,

I have no way of swapping via a courier as you suggest and i would like

some of your pellets if you can when you send it back to figure out what

has gone on as we know it was perfect when we tested it. My major

concern is that the pellets may have damaged the rubber and sending you

another doesn't really do much to prevent it happening again, if the

rubber is damaged it is a very quick fix anyway but then firing it again

on your pellets gives us more confidence going forward, hopefully that

it is just a one off type problem?

It isn't the easiest solution for both of us, which I appreciate but

feel if we deal with it properly, rather than easily, it is for the

best. Parcel force 48 hr would be adequate I think but most couriers do

not like "firearms" so I would suggest it be sent as a toy.

We will of course sort something out for the trouble if it is a faulty

gun Alan, but to have a faulty mag from marui is rare, to then have a

problem with the hop seems improbable and it does suggest ammo, but I

cannot point a finger until I know for sure of course,

Hope thats ok and we will sort it out the day it gets here for you,

Sorry for all the trouble though,

John"

Don't really know what to think of it, I was using three bb brands in the tests, I had used cyber gun high density 0.20g, madbull match precisions 0.25g, and then some rockets I had left over from a skirmish, then they sent me 1000 excels which still jammed the mag occasionally. All did the hopup problem as stated earlier. It is going to cost me a fortune to send to send back to England, nightmare.

Don;t know if you've tried this already,but Marui recoil mags have a switch in the internal mech for 30 round capacity and 90 round capacity. It could be that the switch is not fully pressed/selected and causing issues with the feeding.

If you can,try rub the hop up rubber with a cotton bud,if it has any oil on it that could be the cause of the inconsistency.

Instead of guessing the problem it's best to settle any sort of variation that may cause it.

...And here I am,guessing. XP. Worst case scenario is something is wrong with the tappet plate or nozzle,a common disease on AEGs. could be the nozzle is not sitting on the tappet correctly or something wrong with the tappet plate itself.

Don;t know if you've tried this already,but Marui recoil mags have a switch in the internal mech for 30 round capacity and 90 round capacity. It could be that the switch is not fully pressed/selected and causing issues with the feeding.

If you can,try rub the hop up rubber with a cotton bud,if it has any oil on it that could be the cause of the inconsistency.

Instead of guessing the problem it's best to settle any sort of variation that may cause it.

...And here I am,guessing. XP. Worst case scenario is something is wrong with the tappet plate or nozzle,a common disease on AEGs. could be the nozzle is not sitting on the tappet correctly or something wrong with the tappet plate itself.

Will keep that useful info in mind if it happens when it comes back so thanks, but for the mean time I am just going to send the lot back and let them take a proper look so they can't say its been tampered with or anything.

Guys I sent the gun back, cost me £16.40 to post, then this is what I get sent today after I asked would I just have a replacement. I would have thought I wouldn't be paying anything! The postage to there was bad enough never mind this. I only bought the gun a week ago.

Hi

Thanks
The guns has been sorted
The cost is £21 (£16 postage and £5 hop rubber)

Please can you call us, John is here from 10am tomorrow

I have asked for a full refund of both the gun and my postage back to them. For help to anyone else in a similar situation this may come in handy.

"Where the goods are returned due to being faulty the consumer is entitled, under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended), to return the goods within a reasonable time after purchase and claim a full refund plus any other losses that have been incurred as a direct result of faulty goods being supplied, such as the costs of postage. Where faulty goods are returned the refurbishment charge, and/or delivery charges cannot be deducted from the consumers' refund."

If a TM isn't working as it should you should stick to pressing for a full refund, certainly not paying for a fix. Bear in mind they have now admitted the hop was not right ie admitted the goods were faulty so they shouldn't quibble. They have a big reputation for customer service too.

Thanks straffham, yea I know my rights and I will persue them, I'm not going to settle for a fixed TM after 500quid of money being spent. They can sell it for spares its their problem now as far as I'm concerned.

If a TM isn't working as it should you should stick to pressing for a full refund, certainly not paying for a fix. Bear in mind they have now admitted the hop was not right ie admitted the goods were faulty so they shouldn't quibble. They have a big reputation for customer service too.

This is what I got today, the first problem i had straight out of the box was jamming mag with the tokyo marui pellets in the box. Twisting things to suit himself now.

Alan,

Apologies for the very basic nature of Frank's e mail,

I did specifically ask him to explain what had gone on with your gun as I had tried to call you, I was off on Thursday and felt you may have needed it back for the weekend.

In light of your reaction I tried to call again to discuss but with him e mailing as he did I am not surprised by what you put as you haven't actually been told anything at all! I have tried to talk to you about though to explain whilst I was working on the gun.

Basically what I have found, and this has come up before, is your pellets have left a residue inside the barrel, and most likely the magazine, although that seems less obvious.

The residue is plastic in nature and builds up at the muzzle causing all sorts of issues with accuracy and hop as the pellet hits the residue and picks up spin from it.

I knew something was not right from the moment I fired the gun as it shot terribly.

The residue needs a solvent to literally melt it from the brass barrel and clean it out. As a precaution I have changed the hop rubber and stripped and cleaned the mag.

Now I expect most of your reaction is because Frank can't make the time to explain the problem to you which I am now doing.

I have only put on the invoice the shipping cost ( which we subsidise anyway as per the original dispatch) and the cost of the hop rubber. I have used 1 and a half bags of ammo now testing it and spent nearly 2 hours fixing it, cleaning the barrel etc. Now I feel we have been very reasonable as the problem is down to the ammo you have used. Most shops would have charged for the labour, and whilst it isn't your fault of course that your site sells the ammo it sells, it isn't our fault.

The gun is not faulty, we tested it before it left so we know it was ok, and now I have cleaned it it is perfect, as new.

This is why I sent you ammo, as it is so unusual for Marui guns to play up, particularly on known ammo like the excel we sent.

Hopefully we can talk today Alan and hopefully this doesn't come across as stroppy at all, I did ask Frank to pre empt this by e mailing you in some detail rather than how he did! I feel we are being very reasonable and hopefully this e mail helps explain why I would think so, but as i say I would rather discuss it to be honest.

Reagrds

My reply is as follows.

Dear John as much as I appreciate your efforts to fix this problem I have now lost all faith in the product, consequently I feel that a full refund would be the only acceptable outcome. This being mainly due to the product jamming straight out of the box with the bbs supplied by the manufacturer.

Regards , Alan

Their reply.

Alan,
the mag is scratched so I will not be refunding that, I will look over the gun later today and get back to you.
If it is in as new condition we will work something out for you.
After 3000 rounds through it I can assure you there is nothing wrong with it.
Bad pellets cause all sorts of problems and now I test it as thoroughly as I have done I can only suspect your pellets,
as seen by the debris in the barrel.

I will let you know how I find the rifle when I get chance to look over it later, but if it has been gamed with and therefore picked up scratches and damage etc I will not refund it.

I am puzzled as if you simply use good pellets you will have no trouble at all with it?

John
See Firesupport News

And mine.

John I had noticed the magazine was scratched where it enters the gun at the top, that was only caused through test shots and nothing more, the gun has not been on the field at all. Bear in mind I also only had this gun for a matter of days. Another reason to give me reason to have no faith in the product.

I have no reason to bring a faulty gun onto a field to become effectively a sitting duck.
I have no doubt in your workmanship, though my mind is settled I only want a refund. That is it.
Alan

What a shame, I've had no problems with them at all. Are you eligible for a refund through paypal? Open a case immediately if you are, sounds like they're trying their best to keep from giving you a refund.

I payed over the phone Monty using my visa debit as soon as I got my UKARA I was just so excited about ordering it.

The gun failed on the bbs supplied by the manufacturer once I opened the gun. My bbs were only used after they ran out, the gun was therefore broken prior to using mines.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.