new guy from kent

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Welcome.

First of all, it's not marker, it's RIF or IF depending on it's colour. RIF is realistic imitation firearm, IF is imitation firearm (aka two-tone). Or you can say replica, or airsoft gun.

Coming from paitball usually it's hard to treat airsofters equal and for airsofters it's just as hard to treat paintballers equal. There seem to be a bit tension between the two. :)

Both have their positive and negative sides, they are just different even though they are so similar for the outsider. So you have the advantage that you already know much but there are many-many things to unlearn.

Anyway, it's fun. Welcome.

Go to a few games first and rent your gun till you can get a UKARA defence sorted (minimum of three games in no less than two months). After that you'll have a basic idea for what sort of gun you want and will be able to buy a realistic looking gun (i.e. not two toned) unless you're under 18. If that's the case an adult/parent would have to acquire the UKARA by going to games with you then "gift" the gun to you - no money can change hands though.

First purchases should always be some good sturdy boots and decent face protection, but being an expaintballer I'm guessing you have that sorted already.

Basic decent guns list:

M4:

G&G Combat Machine

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_403_494&products_id=5645

ICS M4A1 Sportline

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-plastic-m4a1-retractable-stock-airsoft-gun-aeg

G36C:

SRC G36C Gen. III

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_453&products_id=7030

AK47 / AKM / AK74:

Any CYMA gun of this model newer than the .028 models - will need a spring downgrade though. Example -

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_489&products_id=6971

These are just a couple of the more commonly recommended rifles on a budget. You can get them cheaper than the websites I've listed - it's just I was too lazy to look anywhere else since I knew those sites had them. Obviously a higher budget means you'll have access to better guns but you'll be looking to spend at least £100 on a decent starter rifle.

Another option is to browse our "Guns for sale" section of the forum where many a bargain can be had (like my Tokyo Marui High Cycle AUG for £150).

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Cheere for the welcome guys . Im 32 so definatly not going for two tone .lol

as for clothing etc ive boots which I normally use german para boots as there comfy ,hard waring and great support I have woodland camo and urban camo even during paintball years I used replicas . As for rif im after one that is not a complete beginers fitearm but something that is mid to high end money not an issue as per say im looking at 500 for primary firearm..

Haha if that's the case then any of the Tokyo Marui Recoil range - you won't ever need to buy a new rifle as long as you give it a bit of tlc now and then

Depends on the platform, model and brand with airsoft guns but as a rule spring are the most reliable, electric rifles/gas pistols are next and then gas rifles/electric pistols last. Obviously using a spring gun will mean you're outgunned from the start but there are less mechanical parts to break compared to a gas or electric gun.

Like I said though, depends on the brand and quality of the weapon. A Tokyo Marui gas blow back pistol is definitely more reliable than a Double Eagle spring sniper rifle even though it uses a more complex mechanism - the difference in quality with the materials, quality control and build is quite massive even if the pistol needs more regular maintenance.

you will prob want electric, know as an AEG, automatic electric gun. spring is mainly for high powered sniper rifles and Gas is mainly pistols but the gas rifles seem to becoming very popular. all have pros and cons.

i would say you want an AEG for the first.

where in kent are you as theres a few of us who live around kent.

Cool under fire near doddington
Apocalypse near sittingbourne
Ace combat benchly and pembury
UCAP Sandpit near bluewater
Elite Battle Zone has one every so often at Rype Village near(ish) Ashford.

Shadow ops in dover

Cool under fire near doddington

Apocalypse near sittingbourne

Ace combat benchly and pembury

UCAP Sandpit near bluewater

Elite Battle Zone has one every so often at Rype Village near(ish) Ashford.

Shadow ops in dover

Elite Battle Zone dont run anymore mate. The famous, Elite Airsoft and John Reddington's reputation are so bad now no one turned up

there is a teams section on the forum if you wanna have a look. not all teams have websites and stuff. you might wanna meet people at the sites and go from there. you might not like people in the teams so best to get to know people before thinking of joining. 90% of people arent in 'teams' but they skirmish with friends

I would highly recommend the sandpit - I am currently working through my 3 games of my UKARA there and the staff have been nothing short of amazing. I've also yet to play a game with less then a 100 people in it... I've heard some funny things about the Fawkham from a friend who went there, apparently FPS limits are not high on the agenda.

Welcome.

First of all, it's not marker, it's RIF or IF depending on it's colour. RIF is realistic imitation firearm, IF is imitation firearm (aka two-tone). Or you can say replica, or airsoft gun.

Coming from paitball usually it's hard to treat airsofters equal and for airsofters it's just as hard to treat paintballers equal. There seem to be a bit tension between the two. :)

Both have their positive and negative sides, they are just different even though they are so similar for the outsider. So you have the advantage that you already know much but there are many-many things to unlearn.

Anyway, it's fun. Welcome.

Or just call it a gun, rifle etc.

Yh there sit takes a bit of getting used to:

http://www.ucapsandpit.co.uk/

£50 for a rental which needs to be booked in advance and then £30 once you have your own gear for a walk on. The price also includes lunch. They quite often have military vehicles roaming around the site which are used in the games. Last time I was there they drove me entire team up to our start point in a lorry :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.