My new toy

ronin677

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well I finally got my A&K SVD :D and a bargain second hand price hehe

Wooden kit now being ordered and also a PSO scope :)

I love this thing. It fires at just under 400fps but I may upgrade the spring as it is fitted with the lighter one.

20140725_221521.jpg

Does anyone know how to remove the rear sling mount on these? I might need to do so when the wooden one arrives

Am i the only one that finds it cringy when people use "toy" to describe their new stuff? :ph34r: Anyway, nice rifle! would like to see it when wood kit is installed etc

Well I finally got my A&K SVD :D and a bargain second hand price hehe

Wooden kit now being ordered and also a PSO scope :)

I love this thing. It fires at just under 400fps but I may upgrade the spring as it is fitted with the lighter one.

20140725_221521.jpg

I have the same gun, very good. Although mine has a weird habit of shattering 1 in 10 BBs fired mid-barrel. I don't use it so often because my tiny arm muscles can hardly handle the cocking on it, but it's fun for target shooting. I get a BB leak aswell, but it's only 1 or 2 out of the reasonably sized mag it has (30rd, isn't it?). It's a bloody rugged gun aswell (like my Tokarev, which also happens to be a Russian gun... gotta love Russian designs), it's taken a few knocks, the safety lever is broken, but I've not noticed a performance drop or anything since I've owned it. All in all, good catch, it's gonna look amazing with a wood kit, in fact I should really get one of those...

Am i the only one that finds it cringy when people use "toy" to describe their new stuff? :ph34r: Anyway, nice rifle! would like to see it when wood kit is installed etc

I hope so lol. as adults all things are toys :D

I fact my L85 in the armoury at TAC is also my toy hehe. After the life I've led I try not to take things so seriously :)

Thanks for the comments on the rifle though man and yep I'll post pics up once the wood is on

Very nice. I'm loving the gillie suit As well, how much time have you spent on it?

Hard to say as I work on it every now and again. I think though if you had all the bits to hand you could get this in a day

CHEWIE! Hand me those hydrospanners!

I've actually got a full size (7'7") chewie costume I've made as well. Similar technique of latch hooking hair onto a mesh under suit :)

I hope so lol. as adults all things are toys :D

I fact my L85 in the armoury at TAC is also my toy hehe. After the life I've led I try not to take things so seriously :)

Thanks for the comments on the rifle though man and yep I'll post pics up once the wood is on

I dont think that kind of stuff is allowed on the forums.

If it's done tastefully then it's "art" which makes it fine haha

Anyway nice suit mate. How breathable is it?

??? I wasn't aware that I'd said something out of order. Please explain so I can reflect and alter my behaviour if needed

Not antagonistic but genuinely puzzled :)

If it's done tastefully then it's "art" which makes it fine haha

Anyway nice suit mate. How breathable is it?

Its not so bad ventilation wise. I originally just tied strips of hessian to it and that was hot. Since then I have stripped the hessian down and have effectively cut the weight and density down by 50%. I still wouldn't want to run much in, so hoping to use more in static techniques

Wow! Cool!

Thanks Lozart. I am planning to rebuild the head as I was never pleased with it. I would like to build a fibreglass under skull and a latex over skull. I am also toying with the idea of install a piano wire mechanism to lift the lips when the mouth opens (producing a sneer like feature).

He's pulling your leg mate, when you said wood is on he referred to it being an innuendo. I.e. you posting a picture of a penis lol

oh hehe I was genuinely worried I'd said something wrong

feel slightly foolish now hehe

I have seen a cheap PSO scope on ebay although the battery cap is missing so it will not illuminate. Does anyone know if this lack of illumination would make the scope unusable? Or is it still usable during good light conditions?

• Supporters

Thanks Lozart. I am planning to rebuild the head as I was never pleased with it. I would like to build a fibreglass under skull and a latex over skull. I am also toying with the idea of install a piano wire mechanism to lift the lips when the mouth opens (producing a sneer like feature).

Are you on the replica prop forum, or the UK garrison? Loads of excellent stuff there! Would love to do a full boba fett myself.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.