The "I'm a dum ass and should not be aloud out alone" thread

Sam_G

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not sure if there is already a thread like this. (if there is please merge/remove this one)

But a thread for any generally dum you have done that is airsoft related.

I have just picked up a M600c scout light clone and it needed batteries. So i picked up some CR123a batteries as i thought thats what was needed.

Tried to fit them....no joy the hole just wasnt big enough (thats what she said). Tried some AA batteries and they did not fit either. Then tried the battery from my old torch, still no joy.

Got pissed off and left it on the table. Sent the seller a message asking what batteries it took as i was stumped!

Few hours later i decided to try again but this time remove the bulb end of the torch...

...CR123a's fitted right in.

*allowed, even I know how to spell that...

anyway, left a bag of 5000 bbs on my window ledge with the blinds down ( i have big heavy cloth ones) and the window open, with a storm outside. next thing you know i have a sea of BBs on my floor...

*allowed, even I know how to spell that...

anyway, left a bag of 5000 bbs on my window ledge with the blinds down ( i have big heavy cloth ones) and the window open, with a storm outside. next thing you know i have a sea of BBs on my floor...

'I'M DUM...

SHOULD NOT BE ALOUD'

Umm...don't you get it?

Well, you can't really convey tone of voice over the internet- hence why many people use emoticons to show when they're being cheeky or daft. in fact Dev recommends their use for that because in the past arguments have erupted after little digs were taken too seriously

TL;DR: use emoticons when you want to be cheeky

I attempted my first Kydex holster last weekend, I have everything that I would need to manufacture to a good quality including a pillar drill and a whole workshop of tools. The only thing I needed to make myself was the press, which I made pretty quickly. All I needed was foam. I used high grade pipe insulation given to me for free and packed out the top and bottom of my press.

The day came to make the holster, I carefully masked up all the relevant bits, added the blanks so the sights will clear, slowly heated up the Kydex to the correct temperature checking with a digital thermometer. When it was ready I placed it in the press placed the gun on top then clamped down the lid. I waited 20 minutes for it to cool completely before opening it up.

I un clamped the lid removed the undamaged gun and tried to removed the sheet of pressed Kydex but disaster! The foam which I was promised would resist the high temperatures had melted and was stuck to the sheet! BASTARD!

So now the proper foam is on it's way from the good ol' US of A.

TL;DR I tried to be cheap and shit got melty!

had been dodging some bbs only to realise they don't reach me. so casually standing on the roof watching as he fires. then I get covered in bbs.

talked to him afterwards, apparently he was shooting low on purpose the first time to give me a false sense of security.. well, it worked!

set off a 9mm timed bfg in the bathroom at work because I thought it was unloaded and didn't want the spring to be compressed any longer than necessary.

door closed, no windows, completely tiled room... needless to say my ears were ringing for a fair while afterwards!

haha, what kind of work do you do? Great way to spook your colleagues!

jc, aye!

frizzle, wait.. HOW?! How do you accidentally shot your window frame that many times?!

I'm betting a spider was involved - it's gone now haha

jc, aye!

frizzle, wait.. HOW?! How do you accidentally shot your window frame that many times?!

I shoot out from that window and, you know how AK sights are very high above the actual barrel? Yeh, I aim at the target, shoot, then the bbs ricochet off the bottom and hits the window frame quite hard.... i'm so lucky to have no hit the window yet... the ricochets explain the line splintered wood along the bottom...

When they don't ricochet onto the window frame, those bastards hit me in the face 10/10 times. There's not one time it's not hit me in the face. You can see the bb dents below the line of splintered wood.

Left my sling in the car of my ride to the game.

Took ages before I saw it again...

Yeeeahhh I'm not very accident prone.

driving to the site, half way there I realise that I'm wearing sandals and that I have left the boots at home.... was already late so just kept driving.

outcome wasn't so bad thou, only two showed up and one had just had a knee operation, so we agree on "no running", worked well :)

well i was about to clean my 1911 so i cleared it and then shot of the action but left the mag in... and shot my monitor :( never made that mistake again, good think i have the habit of wearing safety goggles when handling guns at any time.

well i was about to clean my 1911 so i cleared it and then shot of the action but left the mag in... and shot my monitor :( never made that mistake again, good think i have the habit of wearing safety goggles when handling guns at any time.

Well, I kinda did that as well, 'cept I was doing 'target' practice and had a BB bounce about and hit my screen..

post-9835-0-68986200-1406329736_thumb.png

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.