Airsoft in University

declancase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all, I will hopefully be heading off to university next year, my first choice will be Bangor university as they have the course I want to do and for many other reasons. I know that there is a airsoft society there known as (BAS) and I was wondering if anyone on here is in university who still play airsoft. Is it difficult to get to games and hard to keep RIF in halls? Basically is it worth me taking my airsoft guns and some of equipment to university with me? And what is everyone's thoughts on keeping a RIF in halls?

Depends on the accomodation you get placed in. Most halls are pretty secure with individual rooms and locks on the doors. So cant see a worry. If your uni has a society im sure they will br organised in getting to events. Ed mught be able to help as he used to be a uni rep for the union.

meant to say this to that was what I thought, Nd don't hold me to it. But it is common sense. Anyway I'm guessing there are no random checks for drugs etc...

• Supporters

I set up an airsoft society for my Uni when I was there, and everyone who joined just kept their kit covered up and under their bed, nothing's come of it yet. Our union refused us space to store RIFs on campus, so we had no option but to store them in halls/appartments or whatever, and it's not like they didn't know because we had a freakin' airsoft society, the guns had to exist somewhere.

In the event of enforcements coming in, I'd offer my house as a storage vault, as I stayed at home for Uni, but it never came to it.

Once one of my mates was fondling his new M4 whilst sat on his bed and security just randomly walked in and didn't even bat an eyelid lol, he had a conversation about how he used to shoot MP5 in the army or something.

TL;DR

Don't be a dick with it and no one will be any the wiser.

I have thought about getting a big hard case to keep a small chest rig, pistol, rifle and Mags etc... Take the least I can and get it locked up in a solid case under my bed.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.