Advice on AEG's please.

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I'm looking for an AEG that is not an m4 that may have a folding stock or is of a bullpup design, decent gearbox and preferably has magpul mags available for it.

My budget at the moment is £150 so a good used package is also an option!

Assault weapon style is preferable.

Thanks guys!

Andy

I'm not sure but afaik Magpul only do M4 mags. Have you considered a Cyma AKS74U? Folding stock, classic short assualt rifle, seems quite well thought of on here, and has a metal receiver to boot. Or maybe a G & G MP5, fiber body versions come in about that price. Anything in particular you fancy?

I think in airsoft there are only STANAG PMAGs and EMAGs IIRC. There could also be G36 EMAGs but I'm not sure and these be clones and not genuine PTS.

Bullpups under £150 new I think you're only going to find the ASG / JG Steyr AUGs.

The ICS L85 (maybe G&G) and Magpul PTS PDR-C should take PMAGs. Not sure about any of the Tavors.

I do like the steyr aug, ak's, sa80 especially the short version, galils and I would love a tommy gun!!!

I also really like the g&g cm rk47 and it's supposed to have a very good reputation.

Hmm, not an M4 for £150. Options are pretty much an AK, G36 or an MP5. A G36 is the only one that can take magpul mags if you get a magwell adapter to take M4 mags. Most G36's have folding stocks. I believe that SRC are the best budget G36's atm.

A UMP may be another option.

Hmm, just over budget and I have no idea if they are any good but what about http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Umarex-Beretta-ARX160-Sportline-Airsoft-Rifle-Black_A1K381.aspx#.U9IL8eNdX4Y

Umarex-Beretta-ARX160-Sportline-Airsoft-

I presume it would take M4 mags, you can pretty much guarantee no-one else will have one.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.