Sign in to follow this  
ItsAJ

Can you put a smaller mount onto a bigger rail?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Hey guys I have a Saber 3-9x40 scope I used to use on my .177 rifle, it has 11mm mounts for dovetails, is there anyway or any accessory etc that can allow me to fit it onto a 20mm picatinny rail?

You need to measure the diameter of the scope body, very often it will be 1 inch but they can differ, and get mounts to suit the diameter, mounts this size are fairly widely available from airsoft stockists to fit 20mm rails, they're also called Weaver rails, typically around £15 you can also get them from any decent gun shop. You'd also need to consider whether you need high or low mounts to suit your eye relief.

But most airsoft scopes seems to be 4x or 3-9x (the ones I've seen anyway).. for me it just seems like it gives you the option to get slight less or slight more zoom?

Plus if he already have the scope he wont have to spend any additional money on it (except for adapter/mounts) :)

But most airsoft scopes seems to be 4x or 3-9x (the ones I've seen anyway).. for me it just seems like it gives you the option to get slight less or slight more zoom?

Plus if he already have the scope he wont have to spend any additional money on it (except for adapter/mounts) :)

Yip that's how I was seeing it, I have the scope and it is way to good to part with, the optics on this thing are crystal clear its amazing! So for the sake of a tenner I just thought well why not :)

It would look badass on my scar too haha.

You need to measure the diameter of the scope body, very often it will be 1 inch but they can differ, and get mounts to suit the diameter, mounts this size are fairly widely available from airsoft stockists to fit 20mm rails, they're also called Weaver rails, typically around £15 you can also get them from any decent gun shop. You'd also need to consider whether you need high or low mounts to suit your eye relief.

Is that for rings?

You could buy a 20mm to 11m adaptor or some new scope rings

I forgot to mention that the scope I have its mounts are dovetails, so that would be a 11mm dovetail to 20mm picatinny, what would be best those or the scope rings?

Is that for rings?

Yes. The diameter (ie width) of the scope body is the size of ring mounts you will need, to fit on a Weaver / Piccatiny 20mm rail. 1 inch is the most common scope diameter iirc.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.