Tokyo Marui Scar not shooting

ItsAJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys well my new TM recoil scar arrived today really nice gun but she isn't shooting all the time, so I had already read the instructions and checked for jammed bbs etc and checked the magazine as best I could. Now I did notice it seemed to be worse in semi, shot 2 times out of 15 shots. Full auto it just randomly stops every now and then, got a little bit worried so stuck the barrel cleaning rod inside the magazine to check the spring was in tension apart from getting the rod stuck between bbs haha when it came out the bbs flew too so I guess there was no problem there. Anybody any idea? It is the 90round magazine that comes with the gun. Is it gun or magazine?

No she fires like normal just blank fires though. I played with the magazine there and it was working much better! 45 shots and 4 presumably misfed :)! Think maybe because its straight out of thr box that the magazine was maybe a little tight and needed broken in.

Mag not aligning with hop maybe? Sounds like a feed issue rather than a gearbox issue

magazine shouldn't need breaking in, it's a TM not some chinese clone wank! What BBs are you using?

Mag not aligning with hop maybe? Sounds like a feed issue rather than a gearbox issue

Well it happened again... took the mag out and a few bbs drop out, then once they fell out I noticed the bbs weren't pushing up, they were inside the mag a little, if I poke around a bit it works again for a while. I have been using Madbull precision match, also tried my cybergun bbs and a few other brands, none were any better than the rest so I really do think its a magazine issue?

Unusual for Marui mid cap not to function perfectly. May be worth getting the supplier to swap it under warranty.

Does it sound like a magazine issue to you ? You mean just the magazine first before sending off the rifle if needed?

• Supporters

Yeah, definitely sounds like a magazine issue, like the follower is getting snagged on something. Very very unusual. Might be worth squirting a couple of drops of silicone oil into the mag when it's empty and then filling/emptying it with the same BBs about 5 times. After that fill it up with some clean fresh BBs and see if it's any better.

Yeah, definitely sounds like a magazine issue, like the follower is getting snagged on something. Very very unusual. Might be worth squirting a couple of drops of silicone oil into the mag when it's empty and then filling/emptying it with the same BBs about 5 times. After that fill it up with some clean fresh BBs and see if it's any better.

Yea has to be the magazine I just went to empty it and 14 came out then I had to tap if on my hand for the bbs to come up again and repeat, my luck to throw out an old can of silicon spray yesterday lol

Found some silicon oil did what you said and alot better, not perfect but a big improvement 4 or 5 dry fires out of 90 bbs

Follower must deffo be snagging somewhere. Take it back.

Yea I'm contacting fire support atm, they thought it was strange too , to be honest it doesn't surprise me haha I have terrible luck.

Took a photofof the mag jammed as requested by fkre support do will let them reply. Another thing, sometimes when I shoot and have the hop up perfect I put in a new mag and then suddenly they are flying upwards, then when I adjust again they will only curve down, no matter where I put the hop up , then by magic they begin shooting straight again in their own time. I don't get it. I just assumed spinning it up would give less hopup and down would be more. Or when it was set up for 20 meters then moving back to 30 the bbs obviously would start curving down and falling short so adjusting it by giving more hop it cause d the same thing to happen. Starting to get a little annoyed now.

• Supporters

sounds like you're spinning the hop wheel the wrong way, there's an arrow on the hop up unit that tells you which way to turn for more.

also, there's a manual in the box, I'd strongly recommend reading it since you've just spent the best part of £600 on it!

sounds like you're spinning the hop wheel the wrong way, there's an arrow on the hop up unit that tells you which way to turn for more.

also, there's a manual in the box, I'd strongly recommend reading it since you've just spent the best part of £600 on it!

I have read the manual 3 times and it has been beside me everytime I shoot, the manual isn't great when it comes to the hop up part, the gun says hop with an arrow pointing down, I have been spinning it down for more and its not worked, I habe also spinned it up and it hasnt worked. Then when it does finally shoot upwards as soon as you change it again in anyway it just starts shooting down. When that happens it doesn't matter how fsr you turn it in either direction it does bugger all.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.