Which brands/manufacturers to stick with for AEG?

Monk

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning you lovely people.

So, 3rd game is set for 2 weeks and I've taken the time to space my 3 games over 5 months. It's woodland style and I prefer woodland to close quarter building games, though the site has several small compounds.

I've chose to rent for these 3 games and have used their m4a1's.

I've been to The Grange shop and spoken with a very polite lad called Ben. He allowed me to have a look and feel of some of their guns and I plan to give him/the grange, my custom for buying.

Now, the problem I have is not wishing to buy an inferior brand. You know, the type that appear breakable, chew up internals after 3+ skirmish games and are usually avoided by seasoned players.

I really want AEG but not, forgive me, a Chinese replica type that will fall apart.

Which brands do you all swear by or have had issues with?.

Obviously if it infringes on naming and shaming companies, then don't name the bad ones, just throw names of good ones at my head.

Thank you of reading and any advice.

Monk.

• Supporters

Brands that I personally trust and will buy without hesitation;

Tokyo Marui

Systema

G&P

G&G

Real Sword

Brands that are hit and miss depending on model but that I would still consider;

WE

VFC

Pretty much anything else I'm not really interested in. There's plenty of guns from other manufacturers that can be perfectly serviceable but QC issues deter me.

yer you should be safe with any of those and J is right with WE & VFC. not sure if they are more consistant these days but they have abit of a stigma. most big name companies have upped their game in the last year or two so guns are coming out to a better standard.

G&G is a very safe bet and is recommended to most new comers

I would agree with JC.

I have experience of G&G, Real Sword, G&P and Tokyo Marui.

Ive only ever used WE for GBB pistols and have had no problems but don't use them hard as they are a sidearm.

G&P annoy me slightly because some of their rifles don't come with any instructions at all. By comparison, the TM have very good instructions.

G&G are a good all rounder and have different build levels for different budgets.

• Supporters

From my experience..

Brands that I swear by;

Classic Army

King Arms

G&G

Tokyo Marui (For their GBB's, VSR's and their lucious Mp7 aep.)

KSC

A&K (Their dragunov is lovely.)

Hit and miss brands:

WE (After my AK killed itself yesterday.)

Well (R4 fell apart.)

Double Eagle (their shotguns are pretty decent.)

VFC

JLS (Some horror stories to be told..)

Thank you all for the replies.

I'm seeing a few repeated over and overso I may well go with one of those brands.

I just need to decide now which gun layout I prefer.

I'm liking the look of the longer G36C? With bipod but the only ones I've seen are made by a company a lot of you don't recommend.

I use to dream of the P90 but after holding one, it's way to small for me and my body type.

My secondary may very well be a subby like a mac 10 lookalike a UMP45 or just a pistol.

Best to concentrate on a primary first I guess.

Cheers chaps :)

yeah i have a G&G, it has been very good and has been put through some wear and tear, already used about 30k bbs through it. they are quite cheap and if I were you just go for a cheap m4 for now, and when you are more experienced buy another, better gun. That is what I am doing...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.