Harro.

Serconker

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, I'm Connor, on the internet mostly known as "Serconker" and sometimes "Syndyr".

I've had interest in Airsoft for many years now, since roughly 8 years of age when I got a M16 electric rifle made by some company I can't remember(I still have parts of that lovely rifle sticking about somewhere), but sadly, haven't until now been in a position where I can actually go and play some games on a real site.

I've always loved the feel of bolt action rifles, snipers or not since me and my father (Before various laws were put into place) used to go rabbit hunting and such, which is where my love of shooting comes from(I still have 'my' rifle from those days), and recently I got my ass into gear, got some.. Well, waiting for the damn money, to get a nice rifle, me and my father have our eyes on a Snow Wolf M99(If anyone has one they'll let me buy for less than £180, let me know), but till then I'll have to do with...

Rentals...

Anyway, my current grand collection of two pistols and one rifle, the pistols being a really nice quality pair I picked up for less than £10 each(Yes, I'm cheap), but, beside the price, both are really nice and accurate up to 15 metres-ish, neither have let me down.. Yet.. And then I have this 'toy' Yika M14, that has a completely remade internals, since I have a lathe in my house, since my father is a machinist I've learnt quite a few things to when it comes to modifying my guns.

I also make 3D models and do programming.

I'm also making a full ghillie suit for the great budget of £30-ish.

And I'mma have my first 'real' game down at Combat South Woodland on either 3/8/14, 31/8/14, or maybe both, depending on how much I enjoy it down there.

• Supporters

Inb4 everyone advises against getting a sniper as a first gun.

Seriously. "Sniper" is just a word. It has absolutely no correlation whatsoever with the actual capabilities of the rifle. Rental guns will be better that any sniper out of the box, you need like £300 of upgrades to make them worth it.

I spent over £600 on mine and gave up.

Get an AEG, for the love of all that's holy.

Inb4 everyone advises against getting a sniper as a first gun.

Personal preference really for me, and it's not my first gun, I've had ones before now.

And yeah, I was aware that people advise against it.

And modding my guns also isn't new to me, nor the metal spinning crackpot I call my father.

And when I can, I will get me a AEG.

Yeah, agreed with Ed. Bolt actions are very satisfying but you won't be able to consistently get kills with a stock rifle.

Don't let it put you off them, but I'd recommend an AEG to start off with and a sniper later as a project gun you can upgrade over time.

I'm actually buying a JG BAR-10 in a couple days or so but I will be using it more for plinking at first before I upgrade it enough for a skirmish.

There are a load of very useful guides on starting airsoft and beginner guns you may want to take a look at. CKinnerly has a video on why you shouldn't start off with a sniper for your first gun on his YouTube channel as well (REMF Tacticool)

Welcome to the forums :)

Personal preference really for me, and it's not my first gun, I've had ones before now.And yeah, I was aware that people advise against it.And modding my guns also isn't new to me, nor the metal spinning crackpot I call my father.And when I can, I will get me a AEG.

Yeah, agreed with Ed. Bolt actions are very satisfying but you won't be able to consistently get kills with a stock rifle.

Don't let it put you off them, but I'd recommend an AEG to start off with and a sniper later as a project gun you can upgrade over time.

I'm actually buying a JG BAR-10 in a couple days or so but I will be using it more for plinking at first before I upgrade it enough for a skirmish.

There are a load of very useful guides on starting airsoft and beginner guns you may want to take a look at. CKinnerly has a video on why you shouldn't start off with a sniper for your first gun on his YouTube channel as well (REMF Tacticool)

Welcome to the forums :)

Don't think he's really after a "beginner" gun as they're called. Really they're just economic choices for those without deep pockets. Yeah they're good for a first gun but as Connor (if you don't mind me calling you by your real name) said he's had guns before.

Don't think he needs the guides for beginners either he seems to know what he's doing as far as what he's intregied about airsoft for. What I suggest you do is what many of my friends from back in the army did and just go straight into the professional/ expensive guns. Saves you money on buying a hunk of junk and it not working very well and getting thrashed in skirmishes.

Maybe work with your dad to fund something just right. Won't break the bank but won't make you regret it two weeks of using it. As Ed said, "snipers" are a pain in the ass really. You think they'd be the best on the field, getting all the kills and shooting a thousand metres to headshot a marshal by mistake killing him but they're not. They require time and a lot of money. Plus you tend to struggle with engagement distances and relying on a pistol or backup.

Best get an AEG as Ed said again, a good one. Not some £60 thing but something up in the two hundreds plus if your budget can push that far. Also go for good brands like G&P, G&G, Tokyo Marui, ICS, Ares, and King Arms etc. Try to avoid JG, Double Eagle, and A.G.M.

Something on the pricey side will be a much better option and they tend to be designed to be easily upgradable for future needs.

Don't think he's really after a "beginner" gun as they're called. Really they're just economic choices for those without deep pockets. Yeah they're good for a first gun but as Connor (if you don't mind me calling you by your real name) said he's had guns before.

Don't think he needs the guides for beginners either he seems to know what he's doing as far as what he's intregied about airsoft for. What I suggest you do is what many of my friends from back in the army did and just go straight into the professional/ expensive guns. Saves you money on buying a hunk of junk and it not working very well and getting thrashed in skirmishes.

Maybe work with your dad to fund something just right. Won't break the bank but won't make you regret it two weeks of using it. As Ed said, "snipers" are a pain in the ass really. You think they'd be the best on the field, getting all the kills and shooting a thousand metres to headshot a marshal by mistake killing him but they're not. They require time and a lot of money. Plus you tend to struggle with engagement distances and relying on a pistol or backup.

Best get an AEG as Ed said again, a good one. Not some £60 thing but something up in the two hundreds plus if your budget can push that far. Also go for good brands like G&P, G&G, Tokyo Marui, ICS, Ares, and King Arms etc. Try to avoid JG, Double Eagle, and A.G.M.

Something on the pricey side will be a much better option and they tend to be designed to be easily upgradable for future needs.

'Don't mind people calling me by my actual name at all.

And yeah, it's the sport its' self I'm new to, not the guns.

I have been looking at the Tokyo Marui's for a little bit as well, for pistols atleast, but sadly the site that I'm planning on playing at dissallow Co2 guns.

And I personally dislike the sound most of AEGs make, though there's always the odd ones that sound really nice.

And thanks for the advice!

'Don't mind people calling me by my actual name at all.

And yeah, it's the sport its' self I'm new to, not the guns.

I have been looking at the Tokyo Marui's for a little bit as well, for pistols atleast, but sadly the site that I'm planning on playing at dissallow Co2 guns.

And I personally dislike the sound most of AEGs make, though there's always the odd ones that sound really nice.

And thanks for the advice!

The more expensive AEG's have better motors making them turn the gears faster which should make them sound better for you. If you feel it's still to whiny then maybe buy a High Torque motor and a LiPo. Most expensive guns again, are LiPo ready.

An AEG is the best way to go though. Plenty of ammo, so long as there is a charge in the battery and nothing internally is broken it should work.

However, it all falls back to your play style. You might want to be sneaky and quiet? Get up close and personal? Support your team? Whatever you choose make sure it fits how you enjoy playing. No point using a light support gun if you want to get up close and personal as they're too long and weighty to be able to effectively manoeuvre the weapon.

Becoming a Airsoft Sniper is a commitment ready to learn about the guns upgrades study it spend loads of money on them, and fid out what ammo suits it best ect ect ect. Just by a cheap AEG and enjoy it for a year till you decide what role suits you best.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.