Whats your FPS and your distance in Feet?

jay83

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

G&G Top Tech M4 (gen 2)

315-320 FPS on a .20g

Around 30-40m range. Hop needs looking at.

KJW M700

410-420 FPS with smaller mag, 440-450 with larger mag

50-60m range. Needs a tightbore though.

Which gun? Haha I'll just list my main three.

1. Tokyo Marui High Cycle AUG - 275-280 fps - 60m is the furthest I've ever shot it to hit someone. With the magic of a TM hop up I expect it could go further in perfect conditions.

2. Maruzen CA870 (Fixed Hop) - 290 fps - 55m depending on conditions, but accurate up to 43-45m.

3. ASG Franchi "Shorty" Trishot (Fixed Hop) - ~275 fps - Up to 40m but inconsistent.

Edit: Added further clarification.

thats strange because my G&G 416 forget what G&G call it TR something, shoots 300fpswith 0.20g but ranges 130 feet but i use 0.28g ammo so they shoot further, my KWA is awesome but the hop cant handle 0.28g as well so i use 0.25g ammo and its 340fps with 0.20g ammo but i get about 150-160 feet . the G&G hop is so nice tho only rival to a TM

• Supporters

See I actually have 140m of flat, open space where I can test range using Google maps.

My AK, which I know from experience in games can outrange just about anything, can only just about reach 50m, and that's with a degree of arcing. Maybe aiming 1-5ft high, I forget.

It's firing at 320ish and then loaded with .25s.

My SCAR set to around 370 on .2s, which rather terrifyingly actually makes it fire .28s at, wait for it... 370fps... Dat joule creep doe... Can hit 70m flat with ease. It might even be 80 but I lose sight of the shots before my 80m marker.

All I'm going to say is, a lot of you have no idea how far a metre is... Oh and, Maple Leaf rubbers are OP.

• Supporters

Yeah, I think there's a vast world of difference between actual maximum range, and the range at which it's actually possible to hit someone without them having time to get out of the way.

I think everyone's effective range is only really about 30-40m unless you're firing on semi because then it's harder to figure out where the shots are coming from, harder to see singular shots in the air coming at you etc.

Snipers may have a greater effective range, but that's down to their higher power, faster shot travel time, and the fact that a lot of the time they're using non-white ammo and obviously, also only firing one shot at a time.

The range debate is fairly pointless tbh and I know the question was asked more for the sake of technical exercise; "What set up provides X range" etc.

But no two guns are the same even from the same manufacturer, so it's no good for that either.

• Supporters

TM M4 recoil shock, 345fps on a .20, firefly bucking and flat nub. With .25s I can fairly reliably hit a dustbin lid at the 50m mark on the range at my local site.

Beyond that I'm sure with a bit of arcing I could hit someone further away but I consider 50m to be the realistic top end of my effective range.

Stock TM MP7A1, 330fps on propane with a .20, using .25s I can reliably hit the 60m dustbin lid 4 out of 5 shots. Thing's a frickin laserbeam.

T418, fires 305 fps with hop on for flat trajectory with .25's BB's achieves about 30m of useful range. Spread is man sized at that range, and horrible past it. Its possible to overhop and get another 10m or so of actual range, but I am effectively lobbing BB's onto the target and its not accurate enough to be useful.

Marui Gspec.

325 +/- 2 FPS with .20, Just about 100m/s,and 1 Joule.

With .30s I'm hitting out 280 FPS and 1.6J or so last time I chrono'd. Gun is built for Joule creep out of the box,the VSR cylinder is volumed for a roughly 500mm barrel IIRC and with the 303mm in the Gspec combined with BB retention trait of the VSR bucking,the Gspec produces a lot of joule creep.

I can confidently hit anything up to 50m,with a roughly 60cm grouping(number from memory,I forgot to write down the range test results) That's roughly the size of a dustbin lid. Have not tested maximum or extreme range yet since I have not touched my hop up in ages.

Range was measured with the google.

I think everyone's effective range is only really about 30-40m unless you're firing on semi because then it's harder to figure out where the shots are coming from, harder to see singular shots in the air coming at you etc.

interesting.

ASG Sten Mk2, FPS with .2's=334.5-336.2. Had it chrono'd lots of times and it is very consistent. Can generally hit people at about 40m with .25's

• Supporters

FPS: low enough to be under the site limit, not so low as to make throwing handfuls of BBs at people a viable option

Range: enough that throwing handfuls of BBs at people would be a waste of time (see above).

I have to say I do wonder why people get so obsessive about this. There's so many variables at play that can affect the guns performance.

it was more to find out the range people are getting because people tend to think FPS is the most important thing, when a decent hop unit and barrel is so much more. i was at a site and a guy was out ranging everyone with a M14 and after i said what was that? And it turns out it was a TM i asked about upgrades and it was firing stock at about 290 fps , that was really impressive , but you cant beat the TM's for quality my G&G is very close.

My T418 is worse than the combat machine before it, without a doubt. For all its fancy tight bore barrel and better air seal the hop on it seems really inconsistent.

I found when I turned the hop on to flat it made a dramatic difference to the groupings than with it off. For one it was about 12 moa pulled to the left, but only about 6 moa higher at 10m. But what was really strange is the grouping tripled in all directions. Without hop the T418 is much better accuracy than the combat machine, but with it on the spread immediately widens and at 10 metres I am no longer confident I could hit a head. The range is certainly improved by the hop but the accuracy is rubbish.

I suspect if i can get the hop working as it should then the gun may very fire further, range is very much in the hop unit and a lot of accuracy can be lost there. TM makes great hop units, on both my G&G's I have had hop up issues.

Not my rifle but a guy on the airsoft sniper forum has a heavily customised rifle firing 450ft or 120m! I cant link right now but look for gunner79 mantis project by "Careful" on that forum. Its incredible how far they are pushing bbs out to.PS fps i have learnt is not the answer to distance! It gets very scientific but very interesting!

Yes fps and range are completely different. The tm recoils only shoot 280-290 fps however it will out range neat all stock guns (correct if I am wrong)

Not my rifle but a guy on the airsoft sniper forum has a heavily customised rifle firing 450ft or 120m! I cant link right now but look for gunner79 mantis project by "Careful" on that forum. Its incredible how far they are pushing bbs out to.PS fps i have learnt is not the answer to distance! It gets very scientific but very interesting!

It's firing about 600FPS on .20 and using .66g ceramic ball bearings hopup is a modified R-hop like design that's much shorter than the usual contact patch . It's an interesting build,here's a demo video:

Here's the thread. Careful really knows his stuff,he's been building custom VSRs for 10 years or so now.

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/30-project-guns/11500-gunner79-s-mantis-8.html

^thanks for the link. I could have sworn he was using field acceptable fps, wanna say 550 in the states? Bb weight isnt an issue and neither is the ceramic. He mentions this in another thread!

• Supporters

450ft is more like 135/140m

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.