M140 Safe Setup?

Trojan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm upgrading to a SHS 15ST/7ST with POM piston head, sorbo, corrected AoE, radiused cylinders, lonex a2, hamsterfet, replaced trigger wiring, 16awg silver plated custom wiring, shs cylinder head and shs air nozzle m4.

This is to b e put in my KA Reinforced gearbox and upped with an M140. Firstly it'll be used very lightly on full auto (like 3-4 burst shots or maybe 30rounds or something every now and then) but mainly used on semi auto.

Those "upgrades" consist of modifications as well as parts but please tell me if its not enough to safely support a KA Reinforced Gearbox. What else do you think I need to do to make it safe for an m140 SHS spring.

also quick side question: the SHS spring is linear (its consistent in spacing all the way down and not like the wierd non-linears where they are tight towards the spring guide and loose in the middle) but where do I put the spring guide... the spring simply looks the same all round and I cant finder a tighter wound side, most people install the spring guides on the tighter side but i cant...

2bY9cqE.jpg

• Supporters

As per our PM conversation, if the spring has no tighter wound end then it doesn't matter which way round it goes. As for the gearbox being "safe" it should be absolutely fine. The one thing I would say is be very careful compressing the spring and getting it back in the gearbox. If you slip it will at the very least scare the bejesus out of you and scatter everything on your desk!

Might be worth rounding out the corners of the cylinder cutout in the side of the gearbox though (apparently a known stress point). http://airsofttutorials.com/tutorials/strengthening-the-gearbox.html

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.