All multicam or a variety?

DEDSEC

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

I hope you're doing well. I'm rather curious as to a question I've been asking myself ever since I left the armed forces.

In my more recent years and starting airsoft got me asking it again. Is it better to have a full multicam loadout (multicam BDU, Plate carrier, pouches, holster, helmet etc) or to have a variety of patterns and colours (multicam BDU with an OD green or khaki plate carrier)?

I've seen many loadouts in my time. Some of the more Mil-Sim players wear all multicam and others wear a a bit of multicam, a bit of tan or OD green. What's your thoughts?

Reason I relate to multicam throughout this post is because that is my current load out and what I use.

Also, I use real ballistic plates in my plate carrier apposed to those cheesy dummy ones. Your thoughts on somebody using real ones and other genuine gear apposed to dummy ones? Curious to see how far the majority of airsoft players would go with realism.

Many thanks.

Wear what is comfy and within your price point. Multicam tends to be more expensive cos of the popularity

I guess it's each to their own mate?! Depends on what they like and what they can afford!

Most of my gear it MTP/multicam for the simple reason I like it! I did consider going down a tan/OG/FG route and mixing and matching the camo, but I knew that the evil little airsoft monkey who makes me spend all my money would only make me keep wishing I'd bought MTP instead!

I've run around in CBA, ECBA and Osprey and it's not funny! On Sunday it was pretty warm, I had on my UBACS and a WAS DCS plate carrier, that comes with some kind of padding front and rear, but is capable of taking both soft armour and plates. If I'd have had the real deal on, no doubt i would have been "man down", I was ball bagged by the end of the day, so the real stuff would have done for me! If some want to wear it for what ever reason, to get more of a real experience etc, then go for it! I don't have any plans to remove my padding, it saved me from taking a good whack when I literally went a**e over t*t!

I'm looking forward to giving Milsim a try, not going to the whole 50 degrees in the shade 80lbs of gear malarky, but definitely in to the concept of realcap mag loadings and not the "Hollywood" style hicaps! It makes you think about target ID, aiming and ammo conservation!

For me, everything that is not clothing should be brown/tan/OD or even a classic woodland pattern. Feel more realistic to me, most less funded military in the world have this, and more funded ones often also keep OD stuff, or replace it slowly/partly. plus if you get tired of the pattern you're using, or even if you just feel like using another pattern every now and again, you can simply change your uniform without having to get a whole new kit!

Someone at my site have full marpat.. the vest and pouches looks very strange to me.

• Supporters

Wear what is comfy and within your price point. Multicam tends to be more expensive cos of the popularity

It's more expensive because of licencing costs (if it's genuine Multiglam). But yes, comfy/affordable/functional.

Yeah, I guess it is down to what the person prefers and finds comfortable. Another thing, relating to me using real ballistic plates, I don't really notice them after they're in a few minutes because I had to wear them daily in Afghanistan etc.

However, an old platoon member also a very close friend to me that plays airsoft with me and my son, plays a support gunner role as he was so in our platoon. He actually carries around two real 5.56 ammo cans packed with inert 5.56x45 rounds. It's about half what he carried back then but I guess we just like the realism feel again.

• Supporters

whatever works for you really, if you want to be a full-crye multicam ninja go for it. Cost is obviously a factor, especially if you're buying real licensed stuff, but for me the sting of a high price fades long before the bitter taste of low quality :)

I've bought lots of replica gear in the past and replaced most of it with the real thing where possible (not buying a real Elcan Spectre... or a real Ops Core helmet!), it's all massive overkill for airsoft but it all keeps it's value much better than a reproduction.

whatever works for you really, if you want to be a full-crye multicam ninja go for it. Cost is obviously a factor, especially if you're buying real licensed stuff, but for me the sting of a high price fades long before the bitter taste of low quality :)

I've bought lots of replica gear in the past and replaced most of it with the real thing where possible (not buying a real Elcan Spectre... or a real Ops Core helmet!), it's all massive overkill for airsoft but it all keeps it's value much better than a reproduction.

Very true! It is pricey for sure. Not for those with fussy wife's..

Guest PT247

our armed forces uniform is a best fit compromise, we not restricted by what is issued in airsoft so buy what works best for the site you play most. Mixing rigs, dying them, etc, can really work in you favour..... Wear what works!

our armed forces uniform is a best fit compromise, we not restricted by what is issued in airsoft so buy what works best for the site you play most. Mixing rigs, dying them, etc, can really work in you favour..... Wear what works!

Very true mate.

Each to there own i guess,

i bloody hate multicam not just coz everyone else is wearing it i just think its horrible looking and also does not blend in well in UK woodland, its too light. We use olive green and black and its a very dark loadout but actually when combined blends in well in woodland a bit like 95. I also wanted something that made us standout so we can see who is who, and not many people are wearing our loadout. Most Uk woodland is dark green and shadows from the trees ect and dark mud, so i think those colours work well, Most are mixing multicam with a bit of multicam followed up by a bit of multicam. But hey we all play for fun and what ever makes you feel good, plus looks good influences your game plays cant be wrong.

I've just dropped the MTP/Multicam to go for OD green/DPM mix.

Firstly because I play woodland & it seems to work better in the shadows (Which is where I usually skulk before being hit), DPM is cheaper and MTP is what everyone else is wearing.

This weekend I will be full DPM/OD green for the first time. My new loadout was even cheaper than the MTP which I'm happy with. A hobby to me is not a lifestyle it's just fun so the less I can spend on it the better.

I've just dropped the MTP/Multicam to go for OD green/DPM mix.

Firstly because I play woodland & it seems to work better in the shadows (Which is where I usually skulk before being hit), DPM is cheaper and MTP is what everyone else is wearing.

This weekend I will be full DPM/OD green for the first time. My new loadout was even cheaper than the MTP which I'm happy with. A hobby to me is not a lifestyle it's just fun so the less I can spend on it the better.

Yeah I have my old DPM 95 gear still so if I ever start to dislike the brightness of multicam I can always switch. I think maybe an OD green plate carrier or a khaki one would look quite nice actually.

+10 for casual Racism in the thread.

Lozart - I hope it was an oblique reference to Inglorious Bastards but even still.....

Yeah I have my old DPM 95 gear still so if I ever start to dislike the brightness of multicam I can always switch. I think maybe an OD green plate carrier or a khaki one would look quite nice actually.

Yeh my battle belt & plate carrier is OD green. I was considering adding DPM pouches to keep the design.

At first I was thinking of going for a modern soldier look, now all I want is stuff that works for me.

I suppose I'm now looking a bit like a mercenary.....which is by accident & all good I suppose

like people say, it's down to what you want from a loadout.

MTP/Multicam is a cost saving compromise. It is popular at the moment with Airsofters because it is current issue and looks 'cool'. As with all fashions it will change.

I prefer DPM in woodland but I have been known to wear an MTP shirt now and again.

+10 for casual Racism in the thread.

Lozart - I hope it was an oblique reference to Inglorious Bastards but even still.....

Erm yeh ......I didnt read it right the first time, bloody hell !

I've quickly decided that camo was mainly pointless. It's helpful at range, but we haven't got range really. And it needs to be accompanied by field craft. I've lost count of the number of guys I've seen leaning against a tree instead of hitting the deck. Our taking a knee instead of rolling around on the mud... Most stand out like a sore thumb. Or you have excellent camo... Accompanied by a shiny black gun...

That being the case, I tend to wear what I like. Was going to bin the camo for some bike armour covered in hydro dip flame! So where what ya like... It's all just a fashion statement...

Yeh I often see the shape/sillouette rule being broken during games. no matter what camo your wearing wont make a blind bit of notice if your 6 foot tall with light shining from behind you.

I started wearing all multicam/mtp about 4 years ago. I now don't wear any as everybody has it.

I now wear jeans or coyote 5.11s and have a variety of shirts in not so common Pencott and Kryptek patterns.

Kit wise I don't go for any realism what so ever more over what works with what I need to carry.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.