How to modify m4 receiver from 2 part hop to 1 part hop?

loctez

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Accuracy on my SRC m4 is pretty awful and the hop up just does not seem right compared to other rifles I have fired (slips, wont hold adjustment, hope rubber inside barrel is at slight angle etc.). It does however have a two piece hop, replacement units are available (from marui I think) but I would much rather get a one piece in there that wont be such a pita to find. Any details on how to convert/what to cut to get a one piece into the receiver?

Thoughts on this decision would be highly appreciated as I am still unsure. Are there more budget friendly, reliably units out there? Am I looking in the wrong place and should I focus on upgrading the barrel and bucking?

Cheers

• Supporters

If you embark on the journey to fit a one piece hop then I wish you well young man. I've been there. I feel your pain. Personally I would suggest maybe trying a genuine Marui 2 piece hop first. Failing that you have two choices for fitting a single piece unit; modify your lower receiver with a Dremel to remove the screw mounting points and make a cutout between the freont pin lugs to allow the hop to slide out with the upper OR buy a new receiver designed to work with a single piece hop. If you choose the first you run the risk of screwing it up and destroying your receiver. If you choose the second you risk running into a whole host of issues with incompatible parts (trust me on this - I speak from bitter experience). You could well be potentially better off just cutting your losses and getting a Combat Machine.

If you do decide that the manly path of spending more than is entirely sensible trying to get a cheap gun to shoot straight is the path for you, I am here to help. No, really.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.