A DMR - Help?

Yawns

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So at my site, Almost everyone rents. Its juniors game. All except one boy whos dad does airsoft, He is sorted out with thousands of pounds in guns. Basically my site is pay to win.

In a game last thursday(?) I realised how saddening the range of the rental guns (CM-16 Raiders) are. Me and a friend were in a long-distance 1v1-type situation when we realised we were out of range. Thus ensues us spraying ridiculously high into the air and saluting, Air-shagging and dancing to mock eachother.

If I wanted an AEG I could rent, thats not a problem. But I'd really like a DMR. AFAIK - Something something semi-auto Sniper.

Sadly, I understand that it might be a GBBR, I hear people recommend against these as first guns. I understand that.

Now I leave you with a vague space of nothingness. As I know bugger-all about GBBRs and DMRs.

(PS: I would put lots of effort and maintenance into it)

• Supporters

DMRs are quite expensive to build as they can rarely be bought. a good normal AEG with an improved HOP and inner barrel with help with distance. some guns you buy will be better then rentals. alot better.

My old Well R4 outranged most of the rental guns at my old site. :wacko: There was probably something wrong with them..

rental guns... I think most sites only ever pay any attention to them if they have a direct malfunction or stop working. So I expect that the internals to be very worn and dirty.

Real sword SVD. Then you'll own everyone on the field

Can't wait to use mine :)

My sites rentals are atleast a year old. Combat Machines.

Thats why I'm in a tough spot for purchasing a gun, Why spend £100 on a gun I can rent for no extra cost?

The Real Sword is too expensive xD

I like the sound of the Tokyo Marui M14, I like how It can go full auto too.

I like the sound of a quiet loadout (See what I did there?)

Acouple games ago I was almost level to the enemy, I could see them sitting behind cover. Maybe 30m away.

I flick into semi. Fire a shot infront of the cover, So I have a rough idea of where the BB went.

I adjust my gun towards them, I take a shot, miss, I take three more shots in the space of 10 seconds, No hits.

I flick onto full auto. I fire a 10 rounds burst, Slowly pulling my gun upwards, In a hazardous attempt to hit atleast one with a stray BB.

My gun starts making an odd clicking sound. Like metal plates clapping. I Lay down, Remove my mag, I clear afew BBs onto the floor, Yep, firing normally.

I put my mag back in, A further loud clicking sound.

I'm sick of this. The access to the 'Adjustment-wheel' (I think its the hop up) has been removed.

I hate rental guns.

-Rant Over-

Is there a way I could increase distance without increasing FPS? I am aware of FPS limits :)

Thats why I'm in a tough spot for purchasing a gun, Why spend £100 on a gun I can rent for no extra cost?

No extra cost? Don't buy a gun!! takes space and wastes £100!! thou it could have some benefits as well..

But maybe getting a cleaning rod and some silicon spray and clean the gun you're using.. as well as always adjusting the hopup *if the wheel is there XD*

I don't know rental works, if you get to choose your gun? but if you find one that you like, maybe you could ask a marshal if it's ok you put a small dot with a marker inside of the mag well. That way you can always try to get that specific rental gun. meaning you will only clean the barrel of the gun you will be using next time, and that you will be rewarded for using it with care, aswell as you knowing that you got a gun that is somewhat consistent. Could even get an optic sight and zero it for that gun, if they have RIS.

for sound reduction, you can warp some material around it. you could also make a DIY slide-on suppressor at home (you will only have to use primitive materials such as pet bottle plastic, cardboard, electric tape, duct tape, cotton, material, etc)

I like the sound of a quiet loadout (See what I did there?)

XD

• Supporters

If you can't hit the target at a certain range, it's not the gun you need to change. Well, except if it's really-really crap. No matter how far the gun shoots, there will always be a range that's too far for it.

You need to learn to engage the target only at a distance where you can hit it. So just learn to go closer instead of fighting ballistic. :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.