Airsoft Tool Kit

clumpyedge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

like the title gives away im wondering what people stock in their game day tool kits?

i run a pretty simple kit with as few tools as i can, usually the only ones i need for the guns/equipment im running with on the day but also with added things like duct tape, super glue and also cotton line! (you'd be surprised how useful it has been before!)

so what do you guys usually take with you?

I have a screwdriver and pliers kit that I got free from customPC subscription years ago which I have added a hex key that matches my gun too. I then have to pack a longer philips screwdriver for getting down the buffer tube and that is my total kit. Its about all I really need to strip the gun down completely. Its far from perfect (I would like a hammer!) but its just about sufficient. Its a bit bulky, there are tools in it I don't really need for airsoft purposes and I ideally would like to have a smaller purpose built multitool.

I'm sad enough to bring a whole Black & Decker tool box in my car haha. Comes in handy though.

All I use is an allen key set, mini screwdriver set, small pocket knife and some silicon grease. Never used anything in that kit apart from the allen key set either.

• Supporters

Allen keys up to 6mm, torx wrenches up to t20, screwdriver set, armourer's wrench, electrical tape, superglue, unjamming/cleaning rod, barrel wipes, silicone grease and oil, spare old hop rubber and nub and most importantly.... a white towel (for putting things on if I have to disassemble a gun)

Pretty much everything I need to entirely disassemble a gun and fix anything which isn't electrical/catastrophic.

electric tape, duct tape, cable ties, Leatherman multitool and sometimes an allenkey, all in the bag. Usually a Victorinox swiss army knife and a Spyderco Delica in my pockets. No Delica while in the UK thou! :)

yep all of the above and a little bit of kitchen aluminium foil. I got caught out once with a fuse blowing, the tin foil will temporarily get you out of a fix

Bare in mind though the reason your fuse blow in the first place ;)

Used to carry a ridiculous amount of tools whenever I used my AEGs, largely because the two I usually took to games with me required a lot of different tools. No parts commonality. Since I switched over to using GBB-rifles May 2013, my tool kit has become considerably smaller.

Lint-free rags, silicone lube, duct tape, 2 metal files (1 round, one flat), 2 allen keys (the ones I need), 2 miniature screw drivers and both a 1lbs and 3lbs hammer. If the problem can't be solved by the liberal application of hammers, it's beyond fixing.

• Supporters

Handful of screw drivers of various lengths and head types, a little swiss army knife style allen key tool, duct tape, electrical tape, PTFE tape, silicone spray and grease, pliers of various types, needle nose, wire cutting etc.

I think that's everything.

Actually no, I also have a gas valve key.

NPAS Key, mini screwdrivers, big screwdrivers, small hammer, silicon oil, duct tape, pen knife, letterman, pull through. Packed up in a nice little DPM pouch and keep it all in the boot.

Cleaning rod, mat, silicone spray, leatherman/pen knife, allen key set, microfibre cloth, small multi-bit screwdriver, long handled screwdriver (350mm) that is compatable with the screwdriver bits and a cheap LED penlight.

That lot tends to sit in a cheap wash bag at the bottom of my gun bag so goes to every game no matter what I'm running at the time.

Edit: Double posted by accident, oops!

I would use my boots rather than hammers, but there are some places where only a hammer can fit, and my size 11 feet are going to cause more damage than good...

what do you use them for?

Mid-battle manicure, gotta look my best

A few of my GBB-rifles suffer from having bolt-carriers made from very soft, easily deformed metal. Whenever fired the bolt carrier can deform slightly - while not necessarily a huge issue, it can cause the rifles to jam after a while. Sometimes I need the files to try and gently re-shape the bolt carrier back to something that works, or shave off anything that's not going to go back into place.

Annoyingly, even though my L85 uses RA-tech's "steel" bolt carrier, the thing still deforms and jams. Have yet to find a solution to this, and it's the worst GBBR I have in terms of jamming/deforming bolts.

A few of my GBB-rifles suffer from having bolt-carriers made from very soft, easily deformed metal. Whenever fired the bolt carrier can deform slightly

woah!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.