Newbie from London

Ushers99

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

Im new to airsoft and had my first game two weeks ago as a rental and it was awesome to say the least. I've decided its definitely something i want to take up and have been looking at looks of different guns and seem to be taken by the VFC Umarex HK416.

Has anyone on here got this gun and what do people think about it for the price?

Cheers,

Jon

Externally its superb. Second to none. Internally, whilst not terrible its certainly not the best. Again, as always on these forums, you can't go wrong with a G&G and the T4-18 Baz refers to is superb, if you can find one! It is also likely to be slightly cheaper than the VFC 416. The last option is the Tokyo Marui 416D or 416 Devgru (again if you can find one) they will be a lot more expensive. Personally I think they are over hyped but plenty of people will swear by them.

TBH as a beginner, if you really want to buy your own gun, buy something that is reasonably priced that you like the look of and I can't recommend G&G enough for this.

The VFC really looks the part, its a great gun to get and upgrade. The G&G T418 doesn't look as good. Its a top tech so it has decent internals, but I can't say my initial few weeks or skirmish with the gun was problem free unfortunately. I had a gearbox jam, I have had problems with feeding and I wouldn't say the range or the accuracy was very good. Hop seems out of the box to pull to the right. They are meant to have great internals, 8mm bushings, good gears, piston and cylinder and a 6.03 barrel with a nice hop unit. Its shooting worse than my combat machine. The VFC's internals are no where near as good but the externals have proper trades and I doubt its made of the rubbish metal my T418 is (the shoulder joints on the rail are pretty bad, I should take a picture of the unpainted bits as well as that is pretty bad).

I have always thought the VFCs were a little overpriced for what they were, they aren't that great internally, but you can't fault the externals. Great upgrader/modder gun without a doubt.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.