Any help on choosing a gun

Fugi94

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Fugi, as an under 18 it is a CRIME for you to buy an airsoft gun, regardless of what colour it is. Someone who is over 18 will have to buy it for you, if you want it to be in realistic colours (e.g. not bright orange) the person buying the gun must be able to provide the seller with a defence against prosecution under the VCRA, for the purposes of importing the best way to do that is by being registered with UKARA. There are no under 18s on the UKARA database. If you want a realistic looking gun you'll need to get a responsible adult to go with you (and play!) to 3 skirmishes in NOT LESS than 2 months and NOT MORE than 12 months, they'll then be entitled to have their details put on the UKARA database. That person can then buy a RIF (realistic imitation firearm) and safely import it.

YOU CANNOT BUY A GUN. DO NOT TRY, IT WILL BE DESTROYED BY CUSTOMS AND THEY DON'T DO REFUNDS.

^this.

Except I argue that if the adult have no intention to continue after the 3 skirmishes, it's still illegal to buy a RIF (as it is to provide RIFs to help people who skirmish to keep their skirmish realistic). But I don't think anyone will get prosecuted over that.

It is also a crime for you to pay or provide any service or trade to the person who buy it for you. It has to be a gift.

Ok thank you so your saying even if someone over plays 3 games In no less than three months they have to continue to play airosft not just gift the gun to me. My friend has a ris airosft gun that he bought at a shop. He is under 18 and has no ukara his parent simply bought the gun without ukara what is the law about this? And do you suggest me doing this

So your friend's parents bought him a RIF without a defence? That's illegal in itself for the retailer, the defence is there to stop retailers being prosecuted if they sell a rif to someone who isn't UKARA registered. I would not recommend going down that route.

RIF = Realistic Imitation Firearm

• Supporters

Jesus christ I give up. The law about what your friend did is that the shop which sold his parents the gun broke the law, chances are they're not an airsoft retailer and so the gun he's bought is a bag of shit.

Do what you want, you're clearly not reading any of the advice that's being given.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.