Any help on choosing a gun

Fugi94

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm in the uk and looking for a airsoft gun priced at £200 preferably an assault rifle fully auto. I was looking at ak74 and ak 47 so any more links on those would be helpful. I also require the gun to be under 270 fps as I want to skirmish with it. Any help would be appreciated thanks

CYMA cm.048 is the one to get :)

Really robust and good performance.

you will have to have the spring downgraded no matter which gun you buy. but I think taiwangun can do it for you.. for free, or an extra cost.. or the cost of the spring.. never quite understood, their English is so broken.

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-air-soft-guns?pr=8

cm.045, cm.048 and cm.050 is VFC based, much better than the old TM based ones.

UK woodland site limit for guns is 350fps, CQB limit is usually 328fps.

There's a few choices for an AK which are within your budget:

• G&G RK-47 (http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=8790) probably the best of the bunch. Fairly good internals and a strong plastic body, with a couple of metal parts. You can get models without blowback for less, but the blowback is a nice touch. If you don't like it you can always get it disabled by a tech.
  • Any CYMA AK47 with a model number of CM.048 or above. These are full steel VFC (?) clones. CYMA internals aren't the best out of the box, they'll need a downgrade as out of the box they clock in at 380fps or thereabouts. They're really noisy OOB as they usually need the gears' angle of engagement corrected and the gearboxes are caked with machine grease inside, so they may need disassembling and cleaning. You could get any tech to do that at most sites if you aren't comfortable.
  • SRC AKs- don't bother. Piles of crap.
  • ICS AKs- if you can stretch your budget a little, they're worth it.

But before purchasing a RIF, you need to get yourself registered on the UKARA database. You can do this by attending 3 games in no less than 2 months, getting a marshal to sign off the paperwork you can get from most site offices, and then once the form is filled you hand it in and they'll put you on the database for a £5 or less admin fee.

You also need to be over 18 to purchase a RIF. If you aren't you can ask a parent/older brother/over 18 friend to purchase an AEG for you. If they don't have a UKARA defence or similar, 51% of the gun would have to be painted a bright colour before a retailer will ship it. Most online retailers will do a 2toning service for under £20. Zero One do it for free on selected guns though.

• Any CYMA AK47 with a model number of CM.048 or above. These are full steel VFC (?) clones. CYMA internals aren't the best out of the box, they'll need a downgrade as out of the box they clock in at 380fps or thereabouts. They're really noisy OOB as they usually need the gears' angle of engagement corrected and the gearboxes are caked with machine grease inside, so they may need disassembling and cleaning. You could get any tech to do that at most sites if you aren't comfortable.

I disagree. Firstly, the cm.045 is also a VFC clone. Secondly, the only one above cm.048 is cm.050, to the best of my knowledge. Thirdly, mine shoots very nicely out of the box. would a new hop improve it? probably, but that's the case with almost any AEG. Fourth, I just very recently got complimented on how quiet my CYMA was.. not that I really can comment on this as how loud or quiet an AEG is something that I have never taken noticed of or cared about.

Thou if he is going to to open the gearbox, even for spring change. The gearbox used is very easy to work with compared to other ones I've had the misfortune to open.

and yes, they are full metal, save for the furniture :)

But before purchasing a RIF, you need to get yourself registered on the UKARA database. You can do this by attending 3 games in no less than 2 months, getting a marshal to sign off the paperwork you can get from most site offices, and then once the form is filled you hand it in and they'll put you on the database for a £5 or less admin fee.

You also need to be over 18 to purchase a RIF. If you aren't you can ask a parent/older brother/over 18 friend to purchase an AEG for you. If they don't have a UKARA defence or similar, 51% of the gun would have to be painted a bright colour before a retailer will ship it. Most online retailers will do a 2toning service for under £20. Zero One do it for free on selected guns though.

Heard about several places that takes £20 to add you to UKARA database or for site membership before doing the UKARA database or whatever. Mine is thru TWA, that does it for free. They did however ask for me to bring my own paperwork.

Also worth to add that if he is under 18, two tone or not, the AEG needs to be a gift (for example bday, religious holidays). No money, services or other can pass in exchange for it.

I am prapared to up my budget to get and ics ak can you give me a link? Also most ak47 are a high fps how would I go about downgrading and have a got a bad mind set about aks should I try an aeg m4 for example.

How can I get an ris gun under 18 ?

I am prapared to up my budget to get and ics ak can you give me a link? Also most ak47 are a high fps how would I go about downgrading and have a got a bad mind set about aks should I try an aeg m4 for example.

How can I get an ris gun under 18 ?

get the CYMA, they are sturdy as few things.

pretty much all AEGs have have higher than allowed fps out of the box (correct me if I am wrong)... generally shops can downgrade them for £20-30

and sorry, do you want an AK or do you want a M4?

Yes but can I play 3 games then get ukara

No. Not if you are under 18.

Thank you all for your patience . So your saying if I want an ak go with cyma not ics. It's just that I've seen a few people say that cyma guns are cheap and break easily (please correct me if this is totally wrong). Do u find ak or m4 easier and which do u prefer as I have never used any

• Supporters

Hire a few times before you decide on anything. Ask to have a feel of other people's guns, most people are more than happy to let you have a look at their stuff as long as you ask nicely. Once you've had a chance to handle what each of the gun types feels like to hold make a decision based on which was most comfortable for you, some people love AKs and some people just can't get on with them, same for SA80, M4, G36 etc...

As an under 18 you cannot become UKARA registered or buy a gun, two tone or RIF. Your parents or another adult will have to buy it for you, there's no flex on that.

M4's a lot more convenient- you can get all the different rail systems and stocks and hand guards and stuff for them on the market, the rifle was designed to be more ergonomic and easier to control- so magazine release is easier to operate, selector is easier to use etc- but there are shit tons of M4s around, they're easily the most produced airsoft weapon.

If you want something a little different, go for the AK- the CM.048 is mostly steel, miles better than the crappy pot metal that the lower model numbers are made of. The same crappy metal has the reputation for breaking, not the steel versions.

Surely we are not going to discuss ergonomics again^^?

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/15148-to-prove-a-point-to-a-moronic-mate-are-aks-ergonomic/

Thank you all for your patience . So your saying if I want an ak go with cyma not ics. It's just that I've seen a few people say that cyma guns are cheap and break easily (please correct me if this is totally wrong). Do u find ak or m4 easier and which do u prefer as I have never used any

CYMA M4 is cheap and break easily. CYMA AK VFC-clone is the most sturdy aeg you can get for that price.

Even the old CYMA TM clones I know someone who had one for 10 years without ever opening it up (externally very beat up thou!) and are generally regarded as better than the gun they clone.

• Supporters

The G&G version is very good.

Do not buy from justbbguns! They have a very bad reputation, generally avoid anything with bbguns in the name.

Customs will hold any gun you buy abroad and destroy it if you don't have a defence. Taiwangun will print the UKARA number on the outside of the package so that customs can run it through the database to check if it's legitimate.

buying does not get you onto UKARA. When you buy, put your UKARA number in the instructions and ask them very clearly to put it on the parcel. something like:

please write "UKARA NO: ****" on the parcel, under the address, thanks!

If you don't the customs are likely to contact you and ask for it. If you cant provide it then they will either destroy the gun or if you tell them that you have another legal defence, prepare for long arguments and legal battles that will most likely end in them destroying your gun.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.