Airsoft Motor Misalignment

Trojan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there,

I have a stock pistol grip and a Lonex A2 motor meshing with my stock KA gears. (KA Colt M4)

The problem is that after a LOT of trouble shooting and diagnostics I have eventually figured out that the gun screeches not because of the shim job but because of the slight off-centered angle of the motor.

Here is a picture of the pistol grip with the height adjustment tool removed: gdaXxCP.jpg

I want to know if any of you can think of ways to correctly adjust this. To confirm, I did wedge a Flathead screw driver into there to correct the positioning and it worked! My shim job came out near perfect and my gears spinned so nicely with very little noise.

I tried Maekis sanding down of the pistol grip and that did help considerably as one of my original problems were that as the pistol grip went over the bevel gears bearings it tightened it as well as ruining the shim job - but maekis fix did not fix my misalignment.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I've been struggling for so long now! :P

• Supporters

Bit of gaffa tape on one side of the motor to pack it out?

I would but i need the tape on the top right ish of the motor, at an awkward angle or the motor wouldnt fit in the pistol grip as its tight in the arleady... I put tape on the pistol base grip lip (where it catches the endball of the motor) and that fixed it..but it isnt very secure and fell out cause the tape doesnt really have much area to grasp.

• Supporters

OK, how about you cut a small piece of tape and stick it to the inside of the pistol grip instead?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.