British army in Afghanistan load out

jackal1982

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I have made a British army load out near enough the one they used in Afghanistan. Kit as follows. Ex army combat Mollie vest, ex army boots, viper pouches. Guns used ICS SA80 and KWA H&K USP 45. And yes I'm firing the SA80 left handed not sure if they used the pistol but it looks good enjoy

post-8559-0-83006600-1405900639_thumb.jpg

post-8559-0-87994500-1405900676_thumb.jpg

post-8559-0-04745300-1405900701_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

I've got to say I think your mate's impression is closer than your own, if he had the L85 he'd be much closer to the right look. Things like the medic pouch he's got, he's wearing that on his right side, it's a standardised piece of kit and it's in a standardised place. Helps with the legit look.

You have the right camo pattern, but the clothing is wrong, a UBACS will be worn instead of a shirt. You're missing an awful lot of kit that would help it look a lot more fleshed out. Your Osprey is so thin that I almost said you had the wrong rig lol, that thing is factory fresh, it's so thin it's insane, I've never actually seen one look so small lol. Get some padding shoved into it or something, and you could look into covering that huge amount of open velcro with cummerbunds as your mate's done, or an ops panel.

Do your gloves not try to stick to it or anything? The straps on my gloves manage to stick to the tiny strips of velcro on my bloody mag pouches, I think I'd lose my sanity if they had the entire front of the rig to stick to lol.

Some Blackhawk knee pads would be another functional addition you could look into, they'd help flesh out the look as well as actually being helpful, and you could also swap the black leather boots for some Desert Elite Lowas, I managed to snag mine for less than £9 on Ebay, they're £140 new. Excellent boots and issued in Afghan. All minor changes that don't break the bank that would help with the look.

Really though there's a lot of stuff to change before you can really call it a loadout, I'd call it more a base impression. It's clear you're going for a British vibe, but it's just not specific enough to actually resemble the Army's kit.

If you want I could give you a full list of items, but of course there's nothing wrong with playing as you do with the kit you have, it all just depends how deeply you want to delve into it. It can be a bit of a money pit if you want to go the whole 9 yards.

• Supporters

Quick one of my buddy Dave in Afghanistan for reference (he was in the Paras by the way in case that affects kit choice) 225293_210339768986783_7160608_n.jpg

Thanks guy not far off but still a way to go I'm gonna use thick cardboard for padding I've seen a lot of guys wearing UBAC tops that's on my need list there was one more thing I wanted is my pouch lay out collect?

• Supporters

Are you going for just a general rifleman or a specific regiment .. most of your kit choices will be down to the unit/regiment/group you are trying to portray with your loadout.

Hey its ok for a starting position, I'd defo swap for a ubacs though or when it starts to get a bit chilly go for a smock. As for the Molle carrier, yer just flesh it out a bit and try using a cut up roll mat for padding. work wonders and keeps its shape. Whilst there are standardised positions for all your kit it is common practice to swap around to your personal preference, within practical limits obviously (after all if your in theatre you use whats best for you).

Here is a pic of my co-driver in Basra. I know its not Afghan but I've only got pics from Iraq as I've never been to Afghan.

n671015910_343962_705-1.jpg

Oh and the left handed firing, big no no. Even if your left handed you still fire the L85 from the right shoulder unless you want your eye taken out by the cocking handle. I know its not relevant for airsoft but just for the look :) and don't got forget to cock your weapon with your left hand ;)

Here's my attempt at 3 Para 16th AA during OP H13

Patches are just for the pic, never wear the 3 Para DZ normally.

14717186231_42dc9c3802_z.jpg

Wow! Bloody good effort mate! I thought this was the rel deal! well done!

I think this is a great load out and a great look, as they say, imitation is the most sincere from of flattery.

I would only call someone a Walt if they were trying to make out they were actually something they're not, if you're just doing it because you like the look, or as a tribute, then fair play to you for all the effort!

Otherwise, we have fair too many Navy SEALs over here having fun at airsoft sites and not killing bad guys!!

Good work fella!

• Supporters

Bloody hell mate, that's pretty bloody spot on. Attention to detail is what makes it, like the mockingbird on top of your lid and the crappy paintbrush wedged into the front of your osprey.

My only (very minor) criticism is the lack of a zap patch; blood group, number, rank if you feel like it. You can pick them up proper cheap with whatever details you want on them from loads of online embroiderers.

Wow! Bloody good effort mate! I thought this was the rel deal! well done!

I think this is a great load out and a great look, as they say, imitation is the most sincere from of flattery.

I would only call someone a Walt if they were trying to make out they were actually something they're not, if you're just doing it because you like the look, or as a tribute, then fair play to you for all the effort!

Otherwise, we have fair too many Navy SEALs over here having fun at airsoft sites and not killing bad guys!!

Good work fella!

Thank you,

I am not a fan of walt's either and I have always been honest as to what I really do, and all I did was look at photos then just picked one particular photo to use and went from there.

I was kind of also intrigued by the choc chip/random camo style helmet covers used by the Para's at the time so added that to the mix.

Then to finish the look I just added a few patches, but keeping the DZ Flash and wings off as to not offend as they are earnt.

Only down side at the moment is using a Para lid instead of a mk7

Bloody hell mate, that's pretty bloody spot on. Attention to detail is what makes it, like the mockingbird on top of your lid and the crappy paintbrush wedged into the front of your osprey.

My only (very minor) criticism is the lack of a zap patch; blood group, number, rank if you feel like it. You can pick them up proper cheap with whatever details you want on them from loads of online embroiderers.

Thanks,

I may possibly add something like that later, or atleast a fake zip number so that I could add little touches like the zip number in black marker on the back of the helmet etc.

Not sure about blood type patches just yet until I actual find out what my blood type is.

Thank you,

I am not a fan of walt's either and I have always been honest as to what I really do, and all I did was look at photos then just picked one particular photo to use and went from there.

I was kind of also intrigued by the choc chip/random camo style helmet covers used by the Para's at the time so added that to the mix.

Then to finish the look I just added a few patches, but keeping the DZ Flash and wings off as to not offend as they are earnt.

Only down side at the moment is using a Para lid instead of a mk7

As they would say, "looking Alli!!" It's all good mate!

Didn't we have the Walt conversation in another thread anyway? :) I want my 314th patch .....

Weren't we gonna have a 314MMTRU team??! Ive got my resi and mess tins ready!!!

• Supporters

Looking good but (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) wouldn't the LMG of choice be the M249 Para? I only mention it as my aforementioned mate Dave was in 3 Para Easy Company during OP Herrick 13 and all his photos they have the Para.

• Supporters

Nah, 249 is a squad weapon; one in near enough every section. GPMG is support, different strokes for different folks. Both are perfectly legit choices.

f*ck carrying one around all day though! SA80 is bad enough, let alone one of those heavy bastards.

Righto!

Looking good but (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) wouldn't the LMG of choice be the M249 Para? I only mention it as my aforementioned mate Dave was in 3 Para Easy Company during OP Herrick 13 and all his photos they have the Para.

As far as im aware the Para's did use both.

• Supporters

Yeah and if you have the Gimpy to hand then it'd be a shame not to pose with it at every given opportunity, because that thing is as beautiful as the loadout :P

Yeah and if you have the Gimpy to hand then it'd be a shame not to pose with it at every given opportunity, because that thing is as beautiful as the loadout :P

Cheers fella.

Yeah I'm very proud of her now she's finished.

More posing may yet to come as hoping to make an appearance with her a NAE this year.

• Supporters

Noice, I might see you there.

Nah, 249 is a squad weapon; one in near enough every section. GPMG is support, different strokes for different folks. Both are perfectly legit choices.

f*ck carrying one around all day though! SA80 is bad enough, let alone one of those heavy bastards.

Ah but come the day at the races everyone wants to be behind the Gimpy! Cuz nothing says "Feck off!!" like 7.62mm 4B1T being smashed in yer grid at 750-850 rpm!!

What pouch are you using for your comms? really good effort btw

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.