Marui G36K - opinions and advice

pezza2000

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all.

I'm new'ish to air-soft, rented a few times and nearly able to purchase. Went down to combat south store in Portsmouth recently and had my eyes set on a G36C. I've always liked the look of G36's and the C looked easier to work with.

Unfortunately the C wasn't on the wall only the G36K. Picked it up and fell in love with it. The owner said it was the Murui G36K and cost an arm and a leg. The owner said how the power isn't immense as the £180 version because of Japanese laws or something but the hop up unit is so precise it just shoots straight, and the recoil was one of the best.

http://www.airsoftgames.com/marui-g36k-p-951.html

I can't find a single bad review of the gun across the net apart from the plastic is quite shiny but can be replaced by other manufacturers. What is anyone else opinion weather you own one or knew a guy or even heard things?

As this would be my first rifle i don't mind hearing opinions about how stupid i am buying something that expensive but it's like buying your first sports car - you can't really change your mind no matter how much your elders start saying don't do it...

Money isn't to much of an issue however, not rich just sold a bunch of things recently.

Can someone tell me:

- Can i use standard Hi-cap mags on the rifle?

- Can i increase the FPS without messing with the accuracy?

- Linked onto that question, can i change to a tightbore barrel without messing the accuracy? (on some google searches i had heard some people doing this)

Feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

• Supporters

Definitely go TM, cost aside they are awesome.

Hi caps will work, but really, you want mids for the lack of rattle ;)

You CAN increase the fps, but you won't really gain much for your messing around

No matter what you do, don't mess with the barrel or hop until something breaks. This is where all of the TM magic is stored, if you open it up you'll spill it all over the floor and never see it again.

No matter what you do, don't mess with the barrel or hop until something breaks. This is where all of the TM magic is stored, if you open it up you'll spill it all over the floor and never see it again.

Thanks for the feedback mate, good to hear another positive opinion about this gun.

Obviously i would leave this to people who know what they're doing but does changing to a tightbore barrel or a higher spring mean opening the 'TM magic' parts?

• Supporters

I advise not to touch a TM's inside. If you do want to upgrade a gun, get some other brand. TMs are perfect as they are, and they will be perfectly working for years, except if you start "upgrading" them.

Japanese laws only allow 1J, but because of the high quality, TM usually outperforms stronger guns in range and accuracy.

TM recoil internals are best not to be messed with unless you know what you are doing and are prepared to replace a lot of parts. Recoil shock internals are stronger than their old prolines by a fairly large margin. I do have some personal little niggles but I wont vent here.

Recoils shocks are really really fun to shoot. The hop up unit design on them is fantastic,out of the box they outshoot most guns.

Do not that due to low velocity BB travel time is long,so you will need to practice to 'guide' moving targets to hit them. But I guarantee the recoil will give you as stupid smile every time you shoot,especially when you switch it to 'full retard' :P

Hi,

I have a recoil shock g36k and wouldn't be without it! I haven't had a single issue with it and the recoil effect never gets old. I would agree though that the BB tends to float toward your target a bit more than a 350fps top tech. You may get frustrated from time to time when someone sees your shot coming and ducks! Never been tempted to sell it though...!

Yep,you can get a nice velocity boost is you install a tightbore barrel. Make sure it's a high quality one so the bore quality and consistency is top notch,since with tighter barrels there's a much smaller tolerance for errors in the finish and machining. PDi Raven series are good 6.01 barrels,cheap too. Madbull made good 6.03s but do note there is a big gap in quality.

Now looking at the Ares G36K as that has a quick spring change system so i hear and the plastic is better quality.

Think the best thing to do is go to combat south this weekend and ask how comfortable they are in modding a murai as being my first gun there's no way i'd open it up that far.

Saying that the site does say that do maintenance and custom work and half the guns they sell are Murai's so i'd guess they'd be used to playing around with them.

• Supporters

If you are considering the Ares one, take a look at it's Boyi clone. I made the initial checkup on one fresh from Gunfire and I was definiately amazed by it. And I'm not that easily impressed.

Sure the box is unique, but shooting it felt great and after cleaning and shimming it was the most accurate out of box AEG I've ever seen. The externals were also outstanding.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.