Interesting read about Scottish Law - Coming soon to a site near us!

barry100

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Personally I don't find any benefit to the additional 22fps we're allowed now, the range difference is insignificant if everyone is on a level playing field and if you've sorted your internals out as best you can, you'll still shoot far (my L85 at 320 could outrange pretty much anything fielded against me).

Sniping doesn't fuss me, I find it pretty useless, usually because most snipers (not all) are like 'OMFG COD 360NOSCOPE' when actually they've got a s**t rifle that has no upgrades and aside from being a totally-discreet fluorescant green, is about as accurate as throwing BBs at people. Very few people spends the f**ktons required to get a real airsoft sniper rifle setup.

The most success I've ever had with sniping was a heavily upgraded 350fps SVD which I used more as a sharpshooter rifle than a sniper rifle.

This being said, I think I officially count as one of the 'old men' of airsoft nowadays so I might just be a bit belligerent!

I'm not sure what stage this bill is at yet but I'm sure there is still time to have your say and write to a MSP about this decision. I am aware the the Airgun community isn't too impressed with these new laws either.

To me it's absurd that airsoft players should be restricted when at the moment the guns we use are already non-lethal and are built specifically to be non-lethal. It's up to members of this community to get airsoft recognised as a sport different from what the government has in mind when they talk about airgun users and their purposes otherwise we could face further restrictions the next time tabloids go mad about air-rifles.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.