AK-12

Caliber

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was wondering, has any company made an AK-12 yet for airsoft, or at least have one on the way? Maybe even a conversion kit?

I've searched around on the web a bit, and haven't seen anything regarding one, but it wasn't an exensive search.

Any idea?

AK12-1.jpg

I love the AK-12 and I've researched about the AK-12 for airsoft and there is nothing whatsoever. I'm sure converting it can't be too hard though.

Actually thinking about it, it shouldn't be too difficult making one yourself.

Compare these:

AK12:

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/ak47frizzle/battlefield-4-ak-12_zps4713b328.jpg

AK47 tactical:

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/ak47frizzle/Products1325-1200x800-222054_zpsa879492e.jpg

They're not far off are they?

So i reckon these cosmetic changes might work:

Buy a railed version of a dust cover, hammer out the insides so it more blocky like the ak12's dust cover, then you can cut out metal on both sides to have space for the 2 changing handles.

Next you can take out the leaf sight and glue a rail on top of it.

Since the lower handguard is right next to the charging handle, you can cut off some of the body, then you can buy a longer lower ris, cut it to the correct length and somehow mold it onto the bottom and make it align with the body.

Then buy an AK74 flash hider or any sort of flash hider that closely resembles the ak12's and shove it at the end of the barrel,

Then buy some magpul stock that closely resembles the ak12's

Buy some Beta Project AK mags and it should be done... kind of...

It's perfectly possible for someone to convert an AK to an AK12.

You can pull it off but it'll still look nothing like an Ak12,just a tacticool AK. The receiver is too different,same goes for the dust cover. Gas block,grip,stock are all defining features of the '12 and hard to replicate with 47 and 74 parts. If you have a machine shop it's a different story however :P

There was an airsoft Ak12 at a toy fair in Hong Kong,but it had wrong dimensions and it was made by WELL.

but it had wrong dimensions and it was made by WELL.

Well, that says it all, doesn't it.

I'm sure that if this gun becomes popular and well-heard, then some company will produce it. It's just a matter of waiting.

• 5 months later...
  • Supporters

Chock got the Black Viper version and turned it into a just-skirmishable RIF.

Check here for the full story.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.