Painting a clear gun two-tone...

ForestFighter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have an idea for a little project - I want to make a home-made replica of a MK22 Mod. 0 Hush Puppy from a cheap M5905 springer.

However, the only models I can find for sale in the UK are clear. I hate clear guns. This is what is stopping me from picking one up and going for this project.

So basically, here is my question; can I respray a clear gun, a mixture of black and 51% a bright colour, and still be VCRA compliant? From what I understand of the law, "manufacturing" a RIF from an IF is an offense, but is manufacturing an IF from another IF, albeit in different colours, also an offense? Is the issue the respraying itself, regardless of percentage coverages?

Second, are there certain paints one would have to buy in order to be VCRA compliant? I mean, if I were to go for a red paint, could I just walk into any shop and pick up a spray can of paint that is bright red, or does it have to be a particular specified colour (my ICS AK74 is already in a VCRA compliant red colour, so could I just match the colour as close as possible)?

No problem in spraying a clear gun into two tone (though I really can't see why you would).

I don't think the specific shade of colour matters as long as it's:

(a)bright red;

(b)bright orange;

©bright yellow;

(d)bright green;

(e)bright pink;

(f)bright purple; or

(g)bright blue.

Hehe, I do realise it's a weird thing to ask about...

As I don't have a UKARA defence at the moment, I need to stay VCRA compliant, but I'd much rather have a two-tone gun over a clear gun anyday. Hence, I would like to paint it two-tone to get the best of both worlds. I can't find a spring M5906 anywhere that's two-tone (hell, I struggled to even find an airsoft M5906 in the UK that was still in stock and on sale, anywhere at all!), so I'll have to make one myself, if I want one. Which I do! :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.