Airsoft Action Outrage/Mistake ?

Del Monty

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Anyone see this in Airsoft Action magazine ?
Comment on page stating "bang rule working"

Looks like blind firing to me ? Also the guy has his finger on the trigger with the barrel shoved up to the guys face. The guy should be banned .. to me its clear Blind Firing .. you wouldn't have your finger on the trigger for a 'bang kill' .. its bad discipline and dangerous play.

Any thoughts on this ..

10404875_10154378900250175_3987776439586

• Supporters

OK, so, let's pretend that it's on safe and the guy ISN'T about to definately blind fire:

He cannot be shot back. How is that even fair?

Part of the reason for no blind fire is it simply isn't a very fun way of playing, where is the excitement in a firefight that you can't be shot in?

This is not 'The band rule working' it's thebang rule demonstrating why it is just straight up bad play.

I whole heartedly suggest to all players and site owners to discuss this with each other: The surrender rule (common at F&O and many other sites)

If you see a guy and don't want to shoot - shout 'surrender/giveup/whatever you think works' The onus is then on the other player to make the decision of either 'yes, hit' or 'no, I'm now going to turn around and try to shoot you before you get me' if the person being surrendered pauses for a second, put a round into their chest/back and carry on, player takes the hit as normal.

Much better and prevents someone sneaking up on 6 guys looking the wrong way and "banging a bunch of dudes from behind" where realistically, they could have maybe shot 3/4 before getting killed themselves.

• Supporters

Hospital twice? Pray tell ....

First time to have a bb removed from my ear after I was blind fired at next to point blank range .. and the second time to get stitched up after I was hit in the face .. not massive emergencies granted .. but enough to ruin my days and cause an argument with a marshal.

told a rental or two on my team not to blindfire last game. not in a rude way or anything, just asked them not to and they stopped when I told them.

but yea I hate it when experienced players use such "tactics" and basically do anything for a win, rules are for lesser players.

in other words.. mistakes happen, we're human, but people who adapt blind firing as a tactic, not cool!

dont think my post had a lot to do with the original post but hey ho!

First time to have a bb removed from my ear after I was blind fired at next to point blank range .. and the second time to get stitched up after I was hit in the face .. not massive emergencies granted .. but enough to ruin my days and cause an argument with a marshal.

face protection anyone?^^

not saying the blind firing was ok!

• Supporters

When I went to Free Fire Zone I was amazed that they actually allow blind fire.

They make a note of it in the briefing.

Yet they don't let you set off pyro in case it's too loud... God forbid someone hurt their ears...

• Supporters

told a rental or two on my team not to blindfire last game. not in a rude way or anything, just asked them not to and they stopped when I told them.

but yea I hate it when experienced players use such "tactics" and basically do anything for a win, rules are for lesser players.

in other words.. mistakes happen, we're human, but people who adapt blind firing as a tactic, not cool!

dont think my post had a lot to do with the original post but hey ho!

face protection anyone?^^

not saying the blind firing was ok!

I had eye protection obviously lol

I have to have prescription lenses for my eyesight .. so for a full face mask I have to wear my normal glasses under them to see which induces unlimited sweating and fogging lol

It's also a bad move because all the guy on the right needs to do is grab the barrel, point it away from himself and go for the easy knife kill.

• Supporters

Y'know the extreme points of view I mentioned in my first comment?

Yeah, well that lol.

People who defend or promote blind firing is just beyond me! It's probably the most dangerous thing that can happen at a skirmish. I tend to find most of the people who do this are scaredy cats... This guy is so shit scared of being shot he either turns his face away as he shoots (like when girls fight lol) or he sticks his gun round the corner worrying a flurry of bbs will come his way if he sticks his body out. Typically I don't think these guys do it on purpose as such but fear takes over. The more scared they get (of an aggressive pro active team) the more it will happen. I've seen many experienced players do this. I can guarantee you if we played with water pistols or nerf guns less of this would happen a lot less if at all

Any time I catch a guy blind firing on me I just grab the gun by the barrel and snatch it of him so he's defenseless. Than whilst I'm holding his gun I explain that you can accidently remove someone's mask/glasses/goggles with the flash hider/barrel without knowing and because you can't see them you could pepper them in they're naked eye balls!!! Seems to work very well. I reckon if a slow mo demonstration of this was put in the safety brief more people would understand how serious it is and not see it as overly safety conscious

This guy is so sh*t scared of being shot he either turns his face away as he shoots (like when girls fight lol)

You have obviously never met any of my ex-girlfriends.

Fortunately I have never suffered from blind-firing in airsoft, but I almost did with simunition in yank land (guy was thrown out after doing it a second time), it was one of the more worrying points in my life, and if I hadn't twisted the pistol off of him I could've been badly hurt. I agree with ed that these things tend to be blown out of proportion, but it is one of the few situations in airsoft where someone could be badly hurt, so should be stamped on hard, by the site, not by the entire community.

I'm with the "Blind firing is bloody stupid" crowd. It's potentially very dangerous and shouldn't be implemented in airsoft due to that risk (thankfully most sites don't allow it).

I don't go nuts when I see it happen, but I do make a point of informing a marshal.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.