Wolfenstein

ItsAJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anybody played this game? I got it over month ago and I love it! I have been missing the World war 2 games badly and this kind of took the war then through it into modern/futuristic warfare while still making the over all feeling your playing a classic game. Really one of my favourite games of 2014!

The story also seems to be really quite long unlike most modern campaigns, im only 25 percent through and being the trophy hunter I am I have been searching every nook and cranny and just enjoying looking at the graphics and maps!

• Supporters

Nah he is talking about the new one - tried it but lost interest

the old classic Wolfy & follow up - Spear Of Destiny - played to death

(really showing my age now & best console adaptation of that was snes)

Think it doesn't look too bad, only played until you crash n have to kill robo-dogs

But the previous one a few years back was dire and then the DOOM game a year ago

well that was money down the drain and so many follow ups fail so bad and WatchDogs

a week later so think quite a few soon forgot about Wolfenstein

In the past really thought BodyCount was gonna seriously kick ar$e as it was done the

bloke who did Black - now that is feckin' good game, could of kicked COD's ar$e if the

dopey programmers did online or at very least 2 player co-op / lan play

Alas BodyCount wasn't bad for a while but then wtf - aliens n crap - jeez no.

Final thought on video games:

You are always the last person from your squad/team/platoon etc.....

ALL your m8's are dead, ripped to bits by aliens/zombies/enemy army....

So what do you do - yup you head straight towards them ffs

Of course 49 dead comrades is nothing, you are gonna kick ar$e

Yeah - in reality, would put too much money on you making it back alive

But hey - it's a game n all that - enjoy it

• 2 weeks later...

wolfenstein.. as in.... wolfenstein?

wolfenstein-3d.png

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game!! Think it's available to play online now as well..

Wow that's a blast from the past haha, jeeze theres my child hood in one screenshot lol.

Yes the same franchise just 15 years later haha.

I'm only finding out it's online. Downloading this now without a doubt.

Nah he is talking about the new one - tried it but lost interest

the old classic Wolfy & follow up - Spear Of Destiny - played to death

(really showing my age now & best console adaptation of that was snes)

Think it doesn't look too bad, only played until you crash n have to kill robo-dogs

But the previous one a few years back was dire and then the DOOM game a year ago

well that was money down the drain and so many follow ups fail so bad and WatchDogs

a week later so think quite a few soon forgot about Wolfenstein

In the past really thought BodyCount was gonna seriously kick ar$e as it was done the

bloke who did Black - now that is feckin' good game, could of kicked COD's ar$e if the

dopey programmers did online or at very least 2 player co-op / lan play

Alas BodyCount wasn't bad for a while but then wtf - aliens n crap - jeez no.

Final thought on video games:

You are always the last person from your squad/team/platoon etc.....

ALL your m8's are dead, ripped to bits by aliens/zombies/enemy army....

So what do you do - yup you head straight towards them ffs

Of course 49 dead comrades is nothing, you are gonna kick ar$e

Yeah - in reality, would put too much money on you making it back alive

But hey - it's a game n all that - enjoy it

You gotta play more man, that's only the start of the game which is a bit crap and drawn out, once you play a few hours your in real proper gameplay. It is such a compelling story well worth the play if you have it!

• Supporters

Nah ain't got time to play to much, I may repair/downgrade but if I got any time

I like to get out n shoot for real - well pretend soldiers firing bits of plastic balls

I was right into it a year ago but online hacking pi$$ed me off so got back into modding

and thought sod this lets get out n play outside - spent way too much time playing on tv

jeeez the rows on my old megadrive/snes with my other half......

Showing my age, but been there done it got t-shirt, the baseball cap etc.....

I know there are some fantastic games out there though, but much of it is so similar

to what was done before only slightly better graphics etc....

Very very little new fresh ideas come along and graphics ain't everything if you look

at tetris - world's biggest game ever - wish I invented something like that

OK enough - really really showing my old fart age now but do enjoy them - only now

I find the really really intense games give me headache/roomspin - lol

Nah ain't got time to play to much, I may repair/downgrade but if I got any time

I like to get out n shoot for real - well pretend soldiers firing bits of plastic balls

I was right into it a year ago but online hacking pi$$ed me off so got back into modding

and thought sod this lets get out n play outside - spent way too much time playing on tv

jeeez the rows on my old megadrive/snes with my other half......

Showing my age, but been there done it got t-shirt, the baseball cap etc.....

I know there are some fantastic games out there though, but much of it is so similar

to what was done before only slightly better graphics etc....

Very very little new fresh ideas come along and graphics ain't everything if you look

at tetris - world's biggest game ever - wish I invented something like that

OK enough - really really showing my old fart age now but do enjoy them - only now

I find the really really intense games give me headache/roomspin - lol

Haha yea I really only play it in the bad weather, winter or when the Tv is full of crap.

Is an awesome game though, storyline wise, graphics don't do much for me, I still love my medal of honour frontline for the ps2 as much as the day or year I bought it lol

Tetris, god I hated that game. He or she must be minted!

Do agree though shooting those plastic balls gives so strange sense of realism, big kids and their toys ehh.

• 4 weeks later...

i am a medal of honor fan too but i do remember wolfenstein. doom 3 put me off the first person shooters but i would like more games like the early medal of honors on PS1 and PS2. i stopped buying them when they left the WW2 scene though

Pretty much exactly the same as me, don't get me wrong medal of honour on the ps3/xbox tier 1 i think it was called was actually very very impressive, especially the audio! The bullets flying past etc were epic. However nothing and I mean nothing beats DDay, or Arnhem, or the battle for the Philippines, the story and history out weigh any modern man with super human jumps and body armour and an array of electrical warfare gadgets or weapons. That's why Call Of Duty etc has become so hollow.

• Supporters

i am a medal of honor fan too but i do remember wolfenstein. doom 3 put me off the first person shooters but i would like more games like the early medal of honors on PS1 and PS2. i stopped buying them when they left the WW2 scene though

The games business is very fashion led. Currently the "future war" scenarios are flavour of the month. For a while it was all Vietnam, then Cold War, then China invading everything. I'm sure if you stick with it long enough you'll be seeing Call of Duty: The Somme soon enough.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.