Slide not locking forwards when loaded

Adam3088

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Having some issues with my g19, when an empty mag is put in, everything does what it should. But when the mag has bb's in it the slide will only move 3/4 of the way forward and stop, looking inside it seems that the bb is only being moved about half way between mag and hop, just sort of falls off the side of the little ramp bit, which jams it.

Anyone got any ideas? Can post pics if it helps.

Unless I'm being a dumbass it's not there. Any idea if other brands other then kwa are compatible with KSC glocks?

Not too sure tbh, you could try Elite Shooting Center, they do a lot with pistol bits, upgrades, replacement parts etc iirc?

• Supporters

Not too sure tbh, you could try Elite Shooting Center, they do a lot with pistol bits, upgrades, replacement parts etc iirc?

They don't do glocks.

Unless I'm being a dumbass it's not there. Any idea if other brands other then kwa are compatible with KSC glocks?

Firesupport show 3 KWA Glock ones in stock, thought they were similar internally but could be mistaken.

Firesupport show 3 KWA Glock ones in stock, thought they were similar internally but could be mistaken.

Can you link please? KWA and KSC are essentially the same thing.

Tried searching but cant find them!

Edit: Cancel that, found them :P

They just call them 'nozzle' I was trying every variety of gas/loading nozzle but not just the one word.

So the new loading nozzle fixed the first issue, now I've got another one.

One of my magazines just doesn't seem to fire very well, either doesn't cycle fully or after a few shots vents all the gas.

Could this be the valve is getting stuck? Is there a way to fix this without buying a new valve?

• Supporters

Empty the magazine of all gas, put a couple of drops of lightweight silicone oil into the knocker valve and then push it in and out a shitload of times til it feels smooth. If that doesn't work, you could try taking the valve out and giving it a good clean.

Better! Fired much more consistently, it did still vent after a while though. Mag was extremely cold afterwards but I presume this is just a side effect.

Another problem that I seem to get is that it misses shots, mag is loaded correctly without gaps but every few shots it will stop loading bb's into the hop up even though it keeps firing. Cocking the slide back again forces the next shot into the chamber so I'm not sure why it's not doing this as part of the cycle!

Gave it a spray of oil and kept pressing the knocker valve, doesn't feel stiff at all.

Could it be the striker is worn as well? Although I suppose that wouldn't cause it to vent.

Well, that issue seems to have gone away now! Perhaps the silicon oil has worked it's way in a bit more over the last couple of days as I just emptied both magazines and other then the slide failing to lock back on one (meh) both fired fine.

Only other problem I'm having now is the gas-in valves are leaking, any idea what size o-ring is needed for these? Tried the oil trick without luck, seems like new rings is the only way.

• Supporters

Are you sure it's the valve that's the issue and not just the base plate O ring?

Try dunking it under water to see where the leak's coming from.

Is it the same make mag as your others? If not it could be tolerences are out which is causing the misfeeds (and maybe the damage to the loading nozzle)?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.