Best aeg under £550 at 328fps?

ItsAJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As the title says I'm wondering what is the best aeg I can get these days that is 328fps or under with 0.20g bbs for under £550?

Thats a nice rifle! Had been looking at the Scar H by TM at the same price.

You can get a friggin lot for that price. You can buy a decent gun for 300. Then upgrade all the internals for that. Depends what sort of gun you want as well its a very personal choice. Try to think if you want an M4 varient or AK or bullpup or random

Yea haha I'd hope it would get me something good lol! Well originally I had the vfc vs the scar but I thought that the Marui had wayyy better internals which tbh wouldnt need anything done to them, the vfc had great externals but left the internals less than desired. If I did the vfc up it probably still wouldn't shoot as accurate or as far as the tm even straight out of the box, I'm guessing at least since the vfc would still have a 328fps restriction for me. Then on top of that the TM would still have the recoil feature as an added bonus, I just can't imagine an upgraded vfc to 328fps with new tightbores etc would still be as good as the tm?

I have a 4 year old vfc but with minor maintenance it still performs really well and i love them. They can have problems but so can any gun. It.would be as good plus the externals would be better. There seems to be some hate for vfc internals. As 1 in like 1000 is sub standard. I would buy a VFC 416 over TM but thats me

So many good guns below that price. What do you actually want? Do you want swappable mags with your team mates? Something distinctive? Something for a particular load out or look?

Under 328 means CQB? I would get a G&G top tech MP5 and loads of accessories. Red dot, torch, magazines etc.

Well it's not because it's CQB but just because in Northern Ireland it's law so really even if I was being a sniper the same restriction would apply, yea the I think TM recoils seems to be it then, can't think of anything better for the money at that fps! An MP5 wpuld be sweet though!

I do like to stand out from the rest one reaon the scar appealed to me as I haven't yet seen one on the field here

TM recoils are some of the best 1J guns around,and if you can afford it,get it. It's miles more fun to shoot than a regular AEG. TM have also improved their internal quality a fair bit in comparison the the old AEGs so they should be more reliable and better performing- Their new pistons for example are pretty indestructible unless you miss-time the recoil mech by using an 11.1 lipo on a high speed setup.

You can also grab a realsword gun for that- Indestructible internals and they are made out of demilled Norinco guns,1:1 dimensions and great durability. Battery space is the main issue of the guns,but performance wise on 1J they will easily be on the same platform as TM. Not as fun to shoot because no recoil :P

So I went down to buy the TM Scar and ended up seeing another gun that looked really nice its the Magpul PTS Masada AKM.

Anybody know what would be the better gun?

The TM recoils are awesome, they feed all the BBs they have great recoil, they are accurate and dependable.

I looked into the Masada reviews and its accuracy without mods isn't all that impressive. Its certainly sufficient, but this is a gun that doesn't come with tightbore by default for its inner barrel. It does however have a quick change spring and barrel so you change the power and length quite easily, but it doesn't have recoil or bolt locking. The MOE handguards are pretty nice, they are light and adaptable. I think the main disadvantage of the gun is it only takes their magazines, so they are kind of expensive. Its gearbox is propriety but the parts internally are replaceable with the usual parts.

I can't find anyone doing a full breakdown, whether it uses bearings on the spring guide, bushings or the quality of the cylinder head etc. But all that stuff can be replaced in time if it wears out or you want to get better more reliable compression,

Well thankyou for your advice I had read some reviews and like you said the accuracy isn't great, alot of people said the hop up was useless, its an impressive looking gun but for 450 you would expect it to perform close to the externals. However I don't have anything to worry about because I have purchased the TM Scar so all is settled :D!

TM vs Masada? TM. I am not a TM fanboy but even that one is obvious to me :) Though I do own a Real Sword Type 56-1 and can vouch for how awesome they are.

Real swords look amazing, sooo nice! If they did a scar... TM though is on its way!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.