Magazine concept

BrightCandle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have found my brand new GR16 magazines to be a bit rubbish, they don't fill properly and the first 10-20 rounds don't come out of the gun properly, likely because its pushing the BB's up too hard into the hop. But this post isn't about those magazines but an idea I have had for a new type of magazine that brings real steel like capabilities to a mid cap.

The idea is to take a mid cap and put multiple coloured windows into the side of it, at the full mark, 75%, 50% and 25% marks. Using either fibre optics or another mechanism I would light that glass if there was no BB there, so if the magazine was just under half empty the 100%, 75% and 50% ones would be lit and visible to you, the others would be dark. This would allow a quick check on roughly how much ammo was still available. PTS does the EMags with the full marker and the bullets like effect but I am considering a plan and practical airsoft polymer magazine, no attempt to try and look like a real steel magazine with fake bullets or anything fancy like that, just a practical magazine with an idea of ammo remaining and how full it is.

I am still prototyping the lighting system and working on the design. Assuming I solve the problems I have with the unpowered lighting I will move onto a 3D printed example magazine and try it out from there.

Thoughts?

ace291a8d735152ce1c64a708eeae3992005718e

:) :) :)

Thou a lot of people here really hates the idea of transparent mags because it makes the guns look less real. unless the idea was that you could see how the amount on top/bottom of the mag?

Two things worth having in mind thou. one is that majority of 3d printers will not be able to make a sturdy mag and the other is that it is not as easy as you may think to make a magazine that feeds well (atleast not for real weapons).

Also i haven't really come across this before and was/is a bit sceptic.. but this is taiwanguns advice on the mag pictured above:
* during first usage, magazine MUST NOT be fully loaded with bb`s,
* during first usage, magazine SHOULD be loaded with few bb`s and subsequently core out. After magazine *SHOULD* be loaded with 10 bb`s more than first time and subsequently core out. Activity SHOULD be repeated until full mag capacity will be achieved.

Thou they also tell us to put oil in the mag, which is widely agreed to be a bad thing to do.

I have seen other people in posts say that mags should only be oiled every once in a while to help travel of the spring.

It's suggested that you keep a bag of bb's that are used as the 'oil' bb's when maintaining your mags, obviously you shouldn't fire the bb's you have used to oil the mags up. Can't remember where I've seen it I think it was on a blog or something like that, was a while ago now!

Personally I really like the idea. At would be better imo if the seethe ough was small for more realism but I would like to see this happen...

Personally I really like the idea. At would be better imo if the seethe ough was small for more realism but I would like to see this happen...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.