Toys for Operation Skylight

Baz JJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Preparations are underway for the Okto Eight Milsim to be held at Kings Langley in Hertfordshire on 20th and 21st September.

To make the game more interesting for the three teams in the game, there are a number of toys to play with. Some are just non-functioning props and others do things like make big bangs.

Here is one of the toys; its a laser designator which can be used to direct air support.

post-7324-0-07831400-1405534551_thumb.jpg

War and Peace tomorrow ! RPGs to ID for the Okto Eight milsim in September. Look for some Afghans they said - I'll do my best I replied !

With less than six weeks to go to the game, we are putting to bed the last preparation phase of the Okto Eight Milsim game and need to get the final numbers. Some of you have indicated that you are coming to the game on the 20/21st Sept but haven't paid a deposit and some of you have said maybe, but no decision yet. We have enough paid deposits to run the game and based on Facebook PM pledges, we are expecting some more bookings to come in during the next week. We wont be making any last minute offers or discounts, so the tickets are not going to get cheaper last minute. There is a long-standing special deal regarding morphine autojets for MPF weekend players and we will continue to honour that.

So, if you are coming, please pay your deposit. If you cant make it now, please decline the Facebook invitation so we don't get false indicated numbers.

The Gunman Weekender being organised by the Grange is being held at the same site in two weeks time.

Hopefully, we will also be able to re use some of their structures !

We have space still for another special forces team, although its not essential - four man fireteam needed. Comms provided.

The rebels are building in strength now. With the recent death of their Commander-in-Chief Colonel Lukashenka, new leadership is emerging and I think we will see more on that soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Operation Skylight is growing closer. Just over four weeks away now. Time to think strategy..the MPF Rebels are still recruiting freedom fighters !

All the SOF places have gone now.

Click thumbnail to view..

post-7324-0-27788700-1408553187_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tactical Radios have been donated by a well meaning and benign power, sympathetic to the cause of the MPF rebels.

Click on thumbnail to view

post-7324-0-83230100-1409433395_thumb.jpg

Right guys, well thats us tucked up.

We've got the numbers. As you know, Ive been trying to set this up for well over a year.

Had a few false starts dealing with numpties and getting mugged off.

Hopefully, Im now working with the right people and we are going to kick something worthwhile off.

A lot of work has gone into getting this far.

Talking about toys, Ive got an old Russian jeep for the rebels to use and a bullet proof 4x4 which can be shot at for the other side to be transported in.

I think we only got two players off this forum in the end, so the response was a bit disappointing, but hey ho, thank god for Facebook.

Im going to go quiet for a couple of weeks now as I have a lot to do, but I will try to report back when its done.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.