National Airsoft Event

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

lol its my wifes birthday on the 22nd and im going airsoft is more important than that but i understand with it being your sons birthday that is important

More worried about Carni ;)

Well I am hoping to attend loads of skirmishes next year, need to break out of the Bunker, its ok but want to expand my horizons and travel around a few sites next year so NAE may be a nice way to round off the summer of Airsofting

• Supporters

I rest my case, bookings "closed" on 1962, now they have 1963.

Go for it Albiscuit the NAE is an experience, you may only go once you may decide to make it a tradition. It was my first last year, just get stuck in and get involved. There are things I probably wont do again this year like the final battle for the village on Sunday but it was good I did it last year.

Pistol and shotgun games, if I remember is pretty much a night/sundowner game played around only a few bits of the site. I didn't get involved last year as we were busy setting up, catching up and then getting battered. There are quite a few who do and good on them.

£186,390 to be exact, once its all collected, that isn't including the profit made on the porta loos (which the private rental of those must cover the cost of all the shared ones with left overs!). Not bad for updating a website and about 2 weeks of actual hands on the ground work. And you are right the shop must rake it in, last year they had a whole table covered in dynatec BFG's that seemed to sell out. I know I ended up making a £140 impulse buy!

Don't forget old George Osborne's slice...

But no doubt, for the amount of money they must be making, were I a paying attendee I'd want a Celeb to fire the first shots as it were. You know, a big name like Sara Anybint from The Only Way is Henley-in-Arden or some such.

Concerning potential moneyspinner (2000 players etc); They say don't mix hobbies and business.

The minute you start organising airsoft regularly for money, it ceases to be fun IMHO.

I see so many sites just churning out games every weekend without much planning or forethought, for income.

Even a normal skirmish, 100 x £20-25 for about 8 hours ?

I would hate to have to arrange games every weekend.

One guy I know has three sites on the go as you can only play at each one 26 times a year.

• Supporters

I had to spend Wed-Thu in hospital so I'm not even going to try turning up. Basically it's a big "fuck you" from me to all who are there. I'm soooooooooooo jealous. With any luck it will piss down, your guns will break, tents leak, lightning will stop play and the zombie apocalypse will begin in Ringwood.

• Supporters

wouldn't mind doing a day walk on but forget 3 days of it....

I'd be knackered, shot to $hit - mainly by you lot, and probably divorced too

Hmmm is it too late to book for what's left do ya think?

seriously wouldn't mind a 1 day walk on but sod the whole weekend & minging with no showers n stuff

like my home comforts & all that

maybe next year nick a caravan - hmmm even better hire a motorhome

nah get a shut the fvckup massive RV monster - yeah big fridge of cold beers & plasma tv n shower n $hit

then tell the wife we are going on hols to some park south west

yup I'm gearing up big time next year - caravan/motorhome/RV - sod £120 for a private carsey

get ya own friggin cribb and bring ya $hit with ya - fvck yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Supporters

Don't worry about the bogs. It's not like Glastonbury etc with 80K ppl per shitter and all eating from Dave's Burger & Botulism Van. The bog/punter ratio is good so they don't get so full you can see a stalag-shite growing up through the pan; the available food has been pretty hygienic both times I've been, so you don't get queue's waiting to squit through the eye of a needle and spread their e-coli to all and sundry; people aren't getting wasted either so bogs aren't coated in puke or used by blokes who just pull it out and let go the bladder so if they hit the pan it's by chance rather than aim; in short hiring your own is a waste of money. Having used the public ones one year and shared a private one last time, I can tell you the only thing you gain by hiring your own is that it will probably be a little closer to your camp, unless you camp near the public ones (in which case you deserve the midnight ramblers tripping over your guy ropes, etc)...

I suspect its about money, Sounds like the game has just got too large for the venue and organisation, Always tempting for organisers when people want to pay you money. Usually its self policing because people like yourself start dropping out, thus reducing numbers.

Just back. 1900 ish players was Urm interesting. For me and my personal view I would say I experienced much less cheating than last year. But with that number of people on site and playing just getting anywhere involved a huge firefight. Lots of bottle necks on the paths. My team played Saturday most of the day then only about half of us went out Sunday for an hour or two.

After Only really playing the pit and milsims this year the number of two tones I saw in evidence spoiled things somewhat for me. Not because the player wasn't as good but sometimes it made things awkward for PID'ing targets. Eg. Delta (white tags) with orange two tone (orange is bravo) patrolling towards you. Can only see the gun as it's in front of the tag leading to blue on blue. Or you are sneaking through the brush and the guy down the line with the two tone gets spotted which gets you all shot.

There was lots of good sportsmanship on show. I did a sneaky patrol through the ferns next to heartbreak and got 8 others in the back With single pistol shots. Each one either patted me on the shoulder, shook my hand or congratulated me as the went to re spawn. A guy apologised for putting a full auto burst into me from about 5m away.

The social side of it is second to none for the airsoft games I have gone to. But unless they find a way to better coordinate the teams and keep the flow going I probably won't go go to many more. Our team is talking about maybe doing every other year and trying some of the other weekenders out.

lmfao it was you i was one of the 8 that you shot that was some mighty fine shooting you did there

Ed mentioned in a Facebook post that someone was using metal BBs...

Someone please tell me this wasn't true D:

heard the rumours, as did some of friends in field. they did check people with pistol not sure if they found anything.

brilliant weekend besides this.

loved it if you re going to go see if you can get some friends to go with.

I'm going next year as well,

I loved it, my friends that came with enjoyed it think they may take u airsoft with me.

ok you get some Teflon don's but where don't you.

next year I will be back with my own rifle, little more accurate and power to get past the leaf 3ft in front of me.

overall marshal done a good job(some bad points), the game play and area were big and well worth taking it slow.

comms are a must in opinion. .

only dealing I had with marshal was after team mate was shot in face from 1m or so away by a sniper who had been shot at least 10 times by myself already, sniper shot him as he jumped past him and proceeded to shoot the next guy in face also but this time about 4meter away, then turn to me a further 3-4Meter away and shoot me in face. fair play to sniper he was accurate but first team mate hit in ear and didn't realise until sniper start calling out "take your hit" he thought it was twigs from bush he had jumped into.

team mate only went to have word with him about swearing or telling to take hit, then I said it was a sniper he got kind of upset and went for seconds.

marshal arrived and sent sniper back to base and then told us to go back about 5 meter and then go again.

fairly well handled as it could have gone bad very quickly due to sniper being an idiot for a few seconds and kills.

• Supporters

@NickM, you must have just chanced on areas which were popular at the time because the site is vast: sometimes you could lose a squad of 10 patrolling spread out for hours without coming across more than a couple of enemies, on the other hand if you try to get into the village any time in the afternoon you have to fight from bush to bush, because so many people are trying to do the same.

I suspect that as attendance numbers increase the time will come when they do have to think about more organisation in the field, like creating objectives which run at the same time so people will divide up amongst them, but there are always going to be plenty of people who don't bother with the objectives, just wander around looking for trouble. Maybe they'll be able to spread people out by creating high value objectives on the fly - like if hundreds of people are congregating around The Fort say, create an ad hoc objective at the Fuel Dump so that at least some players will be syphoned off... maybe even individual oriented objectives, like say the 1st 100 players to report to a marshal at Sniper's Paradise get a £5 Z1 voucher...

wow sounds great. How does it work with the camp sites, in terms of gas guns? Also, how many stalls were there? If I ever do get a P* I think it would be nice to go down and then maybe buy my pistol of choice next year. Do the stalls have these and is the camping fine? I have been on some nasty camping holidays ( hurricane in whales sitting in tent would top the list) but is it part of the fun? and how much room is there for tents?

Meh, I was a bit underwhelmed by the playing area to be honest - it's just a big forest with loads of paths, which are full of people hiding in trees so moving around is a pain in the tits if your unfamiliar with the site.

Camping is good, plenty of room spare on the site. Only one big airsoft shop - it's still Zero One at the end of the day. A few people had bits and bats laid out 2nd hand.

ye camping was good plenty of space it wasnt like everyone was on top of each other when i got there most of my team was already there set up and put green buntting round our bit there was yellow bags for rubbish and toilets were set out perfect so there wasnt 1000s per block

with the shops there was zero one and a stall with broken guns on it other than that was just a boot sale for second hand stuff and us selling .40 and .43 white sniper bbs lol

the food was good this year had a taco bus usual food vans ice cream van potato van so good variaty

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.