National Airsoft Event

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

They don't have showers

• Supporters

You just stink like the other 1800 players.

• Supporters

Might be a little excessive but if you are that desperate for a shower how's about a solar shower on the roof of your car. Just have to keep a pair of shower boardies.

• Supporters

1935 PLAYERS!!!! GET IN! It's going to be a target rich environment for which ever of the three teams you are on!

• Supporters

They're still accepting bookings as well lol, I thought they were closing them at the start of the month.

• Supporters

They said they would close them on the website but it looks like they are still open, although you don't get entry to the prize draw and you don't get the goody bag. I think you can call them direct as well. Someone on FB was even asking on the 13th for a possible rental Gnu!

Just as a quick question, is it possible to play for the day, Then leave to stay in a hotel down the road overnight? Not going this year, Just incase I want to go in future y'know? Not really the camping type ;D

• Supporters

I suppose you could but the campsite and the shenanigans that go on in the campsite after playing are the main reason we go. The actual game play isn't all that great, its good for the most part and its fun seeing over a thousand players attacking a single small village at the end of the day is pretty intense. Probably wont do that one again this year.

If it wasnt on my sons birthday and carnival weekend I would be there :blink:

lol its my wifes birthday on the 22nd and im going airsoft is more important than that but i understand with it being your sons birthday that is important

1961 people booked in and only 2 days and 18 hours to go wonder if it will hit the 2000 mark

• Supporters

My OCD tendencies are willing it to reach a nice round 2k!

My OCD tendencies are willing it to reach a nice round 2k!

is that even if it dose cos you £950 in deposits lol

• Supporters

Not a chance! Plus that wouldn't mean 2000 players that would be 1962 players and 38 no shows.

• Supporters

2000 people would mean they've made £170,000 from entry fees alone, that's immense. I wonder how much of that they need to actually run the event.

They'll probably make that much again at least from everyone who goes as well, buying a new gun, some spare parts, some accessories, ammo/gas, repairs, or even food and drink. Mental money, wish I could host a gigantic annual airsoft event lol.

• Supporters

£186,390 to be exact, once its all collected, that isn't including the profit made on the porta loos (which the private rental of those must cover the cost of all the shared ones with left overs!). Not bad for updating a website and about 2 weeks of actual hands on the ground work. And you are right the shop must rake it in, last year they had a whole table covered in dynatec BFG's that seemed to sell out. I know I ended up making a £140 impulse buy!

• Supporters

Oh and if I remember rightly they did allow people to call up and book places last year after online bookings closed and I know of at least one person who got one on the door.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.