National Airsoft Event

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone booked to go this year.

Its my first year and some of my friends will be joining me for their first game.

just wondering if you have been before and what your impressions are from previous years.

• Supporters

I have yet to book on, but I'll be there as well.

My team of choice, The Others :3

I have yet to book on, but I'll be there as well.

My team of choice, The Others :3

welcome to the dark side.....

party starts Friday 22nd AM end Sunday PM

I was going to book and was then told it's alot of money for not much shooting.

Add the fact I hate large numbers at games means I don't think I'll bother.

not that bad 3 days £85. most walk on would cost the same if not more.

but don't worry not I am just over excited about going, just hope it lives up to the hype.

• Supporters

It's more for the social experience I think, there's nothing particularly special about the site, aside from the fact that it's moronically fucking massive, the game play is all a bit hap-hazard because there are 2000 people to organise, and there's a good amount of cheating. In high player density areas everyone pretty much just flips over to pain rules tbh.

There's a village section which is always the last objective of each day, and it just gets scary going into it.

For me it's just amazing to be surrounded by so many people with an unhealthy gun obsession. The roadtrip was actually the most fun part last year tbh.

But I'm going again, so I certainly think it's worth it.

• Supporters

When you arrive you get given a written briefing in an envelope.

Each team have the same objectives and they're all at set times through the day, so it might say that at 1400hrs you need to assault and capture the fort in the middle of the site.

It keeps the battles focused in key areas. I actually really like that type game plan, with time objectives and stuff like that. You can fight to the location earlier to get a foothold, at the expense of losing control of an earlier objective.

But it just doesn't work too well with 2000 players. If there were 3 teams of 30 it'd be the most intense as fuck game day ever but the whole point of the NAE is that it's ridiculously over subscribed, so I guess you have to leave it to MilSim events to do the same thing with more condensed numbers.

Missed out on festivals and all sorts the last 2 years, Going to miss this too lol. 1y10m old son and a fiancee that works anywhathourswhen at a bookies. -_- which is sad because i really want to get to some of those stalls and stands too :P

• Supporters

Just take enough batteries to last?

I am part of an organisation looking for members to take part in all different airsoft events round hampshire if you are interested please go to http://aarron88.wix.com/sas-airsoft

Down side I have to rent upside I don't have to worry about battery, unless I get a dud.

With some luck I will find my RIF I want and buy it onsite.

• Supporters

I'm there again this year, the team have somewhere around 10 or 12 of us going. Looking forward to the chaos.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.