Dragunov spring tb barrel

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, thinking of upgrading my svd barrel to a decent tightbore barrel and what I would like to know is what is a quality brand for the reasonable price( was thinking of a mad bull black python 6.03mm) but not sure of the barrel length.

My stock barrel can put shots onto a tin can at 40 yards using the open sights so is it worth buying a tb barrel?

Many thanks

Andy

The stock barrel isn't bad, but it's about a 6.08, so quite wide by airsoft standards. I've put a 6.01 in mine, which does mean I have to use very good quality ammo, as a game with less than perfect BBs saw a couple get jambed in the barrel. The standard inner is 600mm long, so a standard length to replace it will be a 590mm, although you could put a 650mm in there, but the inner would then be visible inside the flash hider.

If you are going to change the inner then I would also change the hop unit as well, as the OE unit isn't that good. AirsoftPro.cz do the best unit - http://airsoftpro.cz/eshop/product_info.php?cPath=93_204&products_id=1814&osCsid=d6022784d5e8c212edbdecaac7a1c8ee

The cost isn't that bad and delivery is usually fairly quick.

The stock barrel isn't bad, but it's about a 6.08, so quite wide by airsoft standards. I've put a 6.01 in mine, which does mean I have to use very good quality ammo, as a game with less than perfect BBs saw a couple get jambed in the barrel. The standard inner is 600mm long, so a standard length to replace it will be a 590mm, although you could put a 650mm in there, but the inner would then be visible inside the flash hider.

If you are going to change the inner then I would also change the hop unit as well, as the OE unit isn't that good. AirsoftPro.cz do the best unit - http://airsoftpro.cz/eshop/product_info.php?cPath=93_204&products_id=1814&osCsid=d6022784d5e8c212edbdecaac7a1c8ee

The cost isn't that bad and delivery is usually fairly quick.

What RR01 said!

I put a 650mm madbull 6.03 in mine as well as the advanced hop unit and it went from being a good sniper rifle to an incredibly pin-point accurate rifle that out shot everything else that it came against. Unfortunately, my inner barrel broke as one of the grub screws was tightened too far and it ruined the barrel so now I'm running a 6.03 A&K 650mm barrel. It's good...but it's not the same as the madbull!

If you're thinking of upgrades, have a look at the SVD section on airsoftpro...some of the things they sell are exclusive and really do make a difference

:)

Decided to buy the hop up from ASPUK, guessing it's the same one as the Czech site and my barrel was a card through the door so I will collect it today after work.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.