Green gas and leaking mag

Dan88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just bought the ksc g18c that was In the for sale section, then realised I had no gas so I've ordered 300g green gas, just wondering how long they averagely last or how many shots?

Also it's potentially got 2 leaking mags but not definitely, I've never had a gas gun before, I've watched a how too on YouTube and it didn't look too difficult, where could I order the o rings or repair kit?

Cheers

• Supporters

you probably won't need new o-rings, just soak the ones that are in the mag with silicone oil overnight then when you seal it up use some grease on on the parts where the baseplate on the magazine fits in to further seal it up.

if the o-rings are split you'll need to replace them though, I bought a mix box of o-rings from eBay and just pick one that fits tightly when I need to repair a magazine, no requirement for it to be the exact correct one, as long as it fits and creates an air tight seal.

For a leaking mag I would go through the following:

1) Put some gas in it, and listen to where its coming out, it'll be either the top near the valve or the bottom.

2) If its the top try a flat head screwdriver on the valve and tighten it a bit.

3) If its the bottom then try tightening the bottom of the mag. Could be a screw or other mechanism.

4) If its still leaking at the bottom tighten the filling valve a bit.

If none of those 3 points for tightening is working then you can go about emptying the mag of gas and checking out the O rings and other things, but these 3 points (well the 2 bottoms ones anyway) are by far the most common cause of leaking mags and fixes for that leak. The problem on Youtube when searching to fix leaky mags is people will typically list just 1 of these as the way to fix it, but there are multiple potential points for the leak and it can sometimes be hard to see/hear where it is coming from exactly.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.