Effective woodland camo

Adam3088

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Complete noob when it comes to camouflage, but I want to change my slightly rubbish mix of MTP and DPM for something more consistent and (hopefully) effective at hiding me in woodland.

Flecktarn seems to be a fairly solid choice and I've seen people use it effectively, plus it's relatively cheap and easy to find, but are there better choices out there for staying hidden?

They are both decent for woodland, rather than mixing, get a full kit of either of them?

I'm loving the multicam at the minute. Can pick it up pretty cheap on ebay too

IMG-20140712-WA0000.jpg

• Supporters

Multiland Camo .. it is fricking amazing camo and works well in all woodland scenarios .. a kinda mix of MTP, Vegetato and Marpat ..

comparatifmulticammulti_zpsd1cd1813.jpg

MLcamo_zpsbf55ac1b.jpg

and myself modeling it on a skirmish ..

10367582_1423313941268146_49567580053197

KZS Camo

soul210.jpg

Designed to mimic sunlight streaming through undergrowth. Surprisingly effective and can be picked up cheap if you know where to look.

I tend to play in darker woodland so I run czech m95 woodland pattern:

czech-parka2.jpg.w180h263.jpg

Multiland looks pretty cool, and I'm loving the contrast between camo and a bright pink gun!

M95 looks awesome, know any good places to get it at a reasonable price?

Epic Militaria is the best priced I've found for M95 jackets, depending on your size. But military 1st has a lot of stock in that pattern including vests, rucksacks and pouches. They're also one of the better priced for trousers at around £30 new.

http://www.epicmilitaria.com/search.php?xSearch=M95&submit=Search

http://www.military1st.co.uk/itemlist.html?mobile=&searchquery=Czech

Camoflage obviously makes the difference, but I don't know if you have noticed but quite a lot of special forces guys are using different camo on their trousers compared to their top. Its partly due to the way they intend to use the cover and hide.

I think camoflage in airsoft ranges is not really about the camo you are wearing, but how you choose to silhouette yourself. You can make any green based camo work so long as you think about the guys looking at you and what they will see. There is a gear aspect to this but I think its probably worth getting a book or something on the art of concealment and how to break up your shape before you change your existing setup. Your inconsistent gear camo might not be the issue at all, it might be the spots you choose and the way in which you set yourself up.

I love how everyone no matter what camo they are wearing airsofting resolutely refuses to get on their belt buckle and take cover and instead cowers behind the nearest stick thin tree. Camo makes no difference if your field skills are shite which for most skirmishers they are.

TLDR buy what you like, unless you are trained military and only game with trained military it wont matter one bit.

Depends on the wood, some are more green and some more brown etc, they're not all the same.

this is very true. i bought CS95 thinking 'Scottish woodland, dark browns, dark greens etc so CS95 is ideal. it isnt! the trees have very little greenery near the bottom, the ground is more beige than green and the bushes are so thick that you see or shoot through them anyway. MTP is probably better for the site i use. have a good look at the environment first and then work out what to go for

I bought a lovely new set of multicam clothing, went out with my dad metal detecting and he said the only time you wouldn't see me is if I was on the other side of the bush lol so doesn't sound like it works well for Northern Ireland anyway

From the footage I've seen marpat seems to work best in England. and it just happened so that I found a nice set for cheap :) However in the Swedish spruce forests there is nothing that beats m90. you can't quite see it in the picture, but it works very well the the colours, the light and the shades you can expect in such forest:
Px9QlV7.jpg
(not me in the pic)

However I am a bit hesitant to swap to m90, as my local site is not just woodland. Marpat, specially the slightly bleached once I have, appears to work pretty decent in urban/sand environments. Might just get a m90 jacket that I wear if I know I am going to be in the woodland more / can dump on the ground if I leave the woodland, love mixed camos :)

In my experience multicam in woodlands is a no, no! but then again, I'm only a human! I found this pic quite interesting, sorry for the blur, but I think the original been deleted of photobucket or wherever it was originally uploaded to:
15x39l3.jpg

Also, as already stated, if you want to not be seen, best thing you can do is to learn how to hide :)

Multiland Camo .. it is fricking amazing camo and works well in all woodland scenarios .. a kinda mix of MTP, Vegetato and Marpat ..

pic

pic

and myself modeling it on a skirmish ..

10367582_1423313941268146_49567580053197

NGHF!! I'd never spot you in that loadout! :)

when in the scouts as a kid, there was this game. one person would stand in a certain spot quite a bit from the path, everyone else would progress from the path, the goal was the reach the person without being spotted, if you're spotted you have to walk back to the path. the "spotter" would have a torch that he could blink but not keep on continuously. The scoutleader who was (is) a pretty hefty man was really good at this, he said his secret was to only move while others was making noise.

I know the Swedish military does a similar exercise. but in daylight and with binocular rather than a torch.

when in the scouts as a kid, there was this game. one person would stand in a certain spot quite a bit from the path, everyone else would progress from the path, the goal was the reach the person without being spotted, if you're spotted you have to walk back to the path. the "spotter" would have a torch that he could blink but not keep on continuously. The scoutleader who was (is) a pretty hefty man was really good at this, he said his secret was to only move while others was making noise.

I know the Swedish military does a similar exercise. but in daylight and with binocular rather than a torch.

I used to be quite good at that game. I found the trick was to be out in the open but flat against the ground. The people moving through the bushes and cover would snap twigs etc and thats where the spotter would be expecting people. In airsoft you expect people to be by trees, so don't be by a tree.

In WW2 airsoft, it's simple. The trick is to not be near the Americans. British battledress works better than the American gear and the American players tend to be a lot less stealthy. Plus if you stay away from them, they can't accidentally shoot you :D

A big factor in camouflage is the shape of your head. The most likely part of you to be sticking out so it's a good idea to make it less head shaped. A boonie is good for this, tacticool FAST helmets aren't. If you have a scrim scarf, drape it over your head to break up the outline.

The best camo I find is the old brushstrokes camo. 1972324_10152101970114079_2049943698_n.j

Maybe and maybe not in airsoft.. depends on the game, site and players game style.. I'd say where I play most assault rifle people walk slowly and look out for movement rather than spots. Thou I'd also say it's quite likely they will be looking mainly for movements above the waistline, so flat on ground might indeed be a good idea. Big rocks thou, one always expect people to be behind them!

I love how everyone no matter what camo they are wearing airsofting resolutely refuses to get on their belt buckle and take cover and instead cowers behind the nearest stick thin tree. Camo makes no difference if your field skills are shite which for most skirmishers they are.

TLDR buy what you like, unless you are trained military and only game with trained military it wont matter one bit.

Absolutely Monkee man! The basics! "Why things are seen?" Shape, Shine, Shadow, Silhouette, Spacing and MOVEMENT! Doesn't say camo in there.

I heard a bunch of the opposition guys gas bagging while advancing up a track last Sunday, I got on me belt buckle, let me walk past me and the shot them all in the back! Most satisfying!

Use the ground, use the cover, watch out for your background and where the opposition can see you from, it almost makes the choice of camo irrelevant, more of a fashion statement or whatever you like?

Think its mainly to do with the fact that most non service personnel spend oodles of cash on camo etc and we get it free LOL. Don't want to damage it.....

Think its mainly to do with the fact that most non service personnel spend oodles of cash on camo etc and we get it free LOL. Don't want to damage it.....

Could be? and possibly not having been trained to use the ground, so unless it comes from experience, or you go for some training, the only way to learn is the hard way!

The were some, only a few bloody good fire positions on sunday, fair play to the guys who smashed it! There's only one way to get 'em out! and that's why God invented pyro!!! hehehehe

Thanks guys, I'll aim to crawl around in the mud more from now on!

Might still get myself some of that czech M95 at some point, but more because it looks awesome rather then for practical reasoning.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.