sweat problem

Karljohnmason

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right
I wouldn't say I was completely out of shape.
Not the healthiest person that's true.
My problem is that during a full day of skirmishing I start to sweat a lot.
It can cause a problem with my goggles.
not so much steaming up, as much sweat raining down across them.
any tips?
is there anything i can do bar cutting my hair? :)
for the record my hair isnt that long lol

well its more that after awhile sweat is pissing down my goggles :)
is their a way to stop this, i,e un-sweat my goggles :)

• Supporters

Sweatband? Or a hat that'll soak up the sweat? Then wash it

(Btw Del Monty, digging that pink m4 w/ accessories :D )

Its how I roll .... :)

Head wrap/bandana such as this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009S9B1WA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Forgot to put in on this Sunday and got sweat running down after about 20 minutes. After that remembered to put it on (and make sure all my hair was tucked in at the front) - didn't have a problem again.

The sweat rolling down the inside of your goggles on the lenses is probably rain out. That is its condensation just like in fogged goggles but the lens has an anti fog coating that causes it to go clear and streaky instead of foggy white. IMO opinion its a lot better to rain out like that than fog out because you can at least still see. All the anti fog solutions you add to goggles basically convert to this effect.

I sweat a lot, I get through about 6 litres of water in a single day of gaming. Even at that I'll be dehydrated a bit by the end of the day. I am by far the most sweaty person I know on the airsoft field, no one looks worse than me. I work hard and to my limit most of the day right up until I collapse. Its not uncommon to hear me say in a game "on your feet solder" to myself. So I have this problem in a big way, I especially hate the heat and I sweat enormously in 25C and above, have done all my life.

The best solution I have so far found (I have tried hand bands, didn't help, caps didn't help, anti fog spray just rained out) is a set of goggles with a fan in the top. I run the fan on its maximum setting and it reduces the rain out. It doesn't eliminate it for me, I should probably remove the fam for even more aior flow up from the goggles to further aid it, but its the first solution I have tried that actually reduced the rain out to a manageable level. In the end I bought a set of desert locust's with turbo fan. I can finally see with them. I can't use a prescription insert into them however, that fogs up immediately. Even the special anti fog polycarbonate prescription lens fog really quickly with the fan running and such, but with contacts and the fan running I can keep my visibility pretty good all day. After running and then stopping for a bit it will rain out a bit, but it will recover in a few minutes of stopping and while never 100% clear its decent enough to fight with. Best of the safe options I have found so far anyway.

• Supporters

The sweat rolling down the inside of your goggles on the lenses is probably rain out. That is its condensation just like in fogged goggles but the lens has an anti fog coating that causes it to go clear and streaky instead of foggy white. IMO opinion its a lot better to rain out like that than fog out because you can at least still see. All the anti fog solutions you add to goggles basically convert to this effect.

I sweat a lot, I get through about 6 litres of water in a single day of gaming. Even at that I'll be dehydrated a bit by the end of the day. I am by far the most sweaty person I know on the airsoft field, no one looks worse than me. I work hard and to my limit most of the day right up until I collapse. Its not uncommon to hear me say in a game "on your feet solder" to myself. So I have this problem in a big way, I especially hate the heat and I sweat enormously in 25C and above, have done all my life.

The best solution I have so far found (I have tried hand bands, didn't help, caps didn't help, anti fog spray just rained out) is a set of goggles with a fan in the top. I run the fan on its maximum setting and it reduces the rain out. It doesn't eliminate it for me, I should probably remove the fam for even more aior flow up from the goggles to further aid it, but its the first solution I have tried that actually reduced the rain out to a manageable level. In the end I bought a set of desert locust's with turbo fan. I can finally see with them. I can't use a prescription insert into them however, that fogs up immediately. Even the special anti fog polycarbonate prescription lens fog really quickly with the fan running and such, but with contacts and the fan running I can keep my visibility pretty good all day. After running and then stopping for a bit it will rain out a bit, but it will recover in a few minutes of stopping and while never 100% clear its decent enough to fight with. Best of the safe options I have found so far anyway.

How do you find having your contacts in with the fan running? They don't dry out too much?

• Supporters

How do you find having your contacts in with the fan running? They don't dry out too much?

I've never had a problem with the fan drying them out, there's not that much air movement going on, certainly not enough for it to be considered 'windy' inside the goggles. Just enough to pull the moist, warm air out and replace it with air at the ambient temperature.

I've never had a problem with the fan drying them out, there's not that much air movement going on, certainly not enough for it to be considered 'windy' inside the goggles. Just enough to pull the moist, warm air out and replace it with air at the ambient temperature.

Same, I find its moister than I would like rather than being on the dry side. Dry is not the issue I am having!

tshirt n shorts, and dont wear anything else on your head except for eye & face protection. hopefully keeping your overall body temperature down will help against the head sweat.. also how long is your hair? might be good idea to keep it just a few mm... wouldn't remove it completely, as sun burned head sucks.

I have the same problem. Its just called exercise hahaha. Run around with in airsoft and you'll sweat.

Call me weird, But Dove soap.

It drys out your skin like crazy, But I use it for sweaty areas when I have a shower and I don't sweat for the day.

Right

I wouldn't say I was completely out of shape.

Not the healthiest person that's true.

My problem is that during a full day of skirmishing I start to sweat a lot.

It can cause a problem with my goggles.

not so much steaming up, as much sweat raining down across them.

any tips?

is there anything i can do bar cutting my hair? :)

for the record my hair isnt that long lol

Ive now purchased 4 pairs of goggles. The curent ones are BOLLE x800 costing me £55. the promis no fog and no scratch. I dropped them off my head at the first skirmish with them on and they scratched. Later in the skirmish they fogged up just like the rest of the goggles ive tried. Anti fog dosnt mean sh*t to me.. I sweat a fair ole bit around the forehead and I am still to find goggles I can use without having to resort to mesh gogs (which I dont like)

here are the gogs in question

http://www.bolle-safety.com/tactical-goggles/x800-x800i

forgot to say - im mostly totally bald so your hair cut wont help lol

• Supporters

On a serious note ... there are Anti-Fog/Mist wipes you can get that are amazing, comes with an applicator and buffer and for me and my custom glasses .. they are brilliant and work.

I have tried a few different types of anti fog and they all end up doing the same thing. In effect instead of getting fogging (white condensation) the watervapour instead runs down the glass and and hence produces a rainy effect. Its significantly better to have rainout that fog but the vision is still blurred by the water. Even if they delay the process of the water starting to form for a little while its going to be overcome and then its going to rain out. I have tried some seriously expensive fogtech wipes and they are no better than a basic dropped of basic drops.

The problem is just physics, hot area, colder outside, lots of moisture = condensation. The only way to avoid it is you get some air flowing to remove the heat and condensation. Some people doing that by wearing tactical glasses, some wear mesh, others where goggles with holes in them (lo pro's) and others use fans (noisy but reasonably effective). They all have different safety trade offs along with their mitigation of condensation. But magic wipes or any other this be magic solution isn't going to solve it. The one thing I haven't tried is a set of thermal lenses, I don't really know if that actually can work, in theory it could but I don't know how that plays out in practice for Mr Sweaty rather than the guys for whom basic wipes seem to work (the people who don't have much of a problem to begin with).

those BOLLE goggle look pretty sweet :)
cheers for the tips, gonna try a few out this sunday.

I do normally wear a boonie hat, but I had to ditch it for fancy dress at the last alpha one.
Still have the same problem, just no where near as bad.
I've tried a couple of anti fog things but its more a rain out problem.
I prefer having my face fairly free, goggles lower face mask/shemag i can put up when breaching rooms.
guess a hat is the way till i can panel beat my body back in to shape

Try to reduce your temperature by allowing more airflow to your entire body (especially your torso). Dump the vest/rig and go with a molle belt instead and possibly drop leg platforms if needed. That way you can run a tshirt on top which will drastically help with your sweat problem (even for your head/goggles).

Try to reduce your temperature by allowing more airflow to your entire body (especially your torso). Dump the vest/rig and go with a molle belt instead and possibly drop leg platforms if needed. That way you can run a tshirt on top which will drastically help with your sweat problem (even for your head/goggles).

Gotta say I do love my chest rig, but the advice makes sense :)

Better get my ass on the rowing machine

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.