Introduction and need some advice (London - Essex area)

Josh95

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After many hours of research I have made the decision to buy a G&G top tech gen 3 m16!

I have booked in my dairy to attend all of the upcoming Sundays in July and august at Billercay skirmish. My airsofting career has begun :D

A couple more questions i have, I have heard about people getting their teeth shot out during airsoft games. Is face protection mandatory and are these people just unlucky or is this injury a common occurrence?

Lastly, I want to mount some kind of Optic or Aiming device on my gun is it likely that if a BB strikes the glass will it crack? and i wasted £50

• Supporters

A bb strike to a tooth is pretty likely to cause some significant damage, I've seen plenty of teeth shot out. Gumshield or some kind of face protection is advised!

Some optics will take some hits from some BBs, though yes, even expensive real sights can and will get shot out by a direct hit. If in doubt, buy a lexan shield for the lens, or if the style you go for has one available, get a honeycomb kill flash.

Teeth getting chipped is a real likelihood unless you protect your mouth.

Ive got the Lexan flip up shield on one gun and a kill flash on another (ACOG).

The killflash looks a lot better and probably offers better all angle protection. Its like an insurance policy for optics but will increase your investment in optics.

Good luck with your UKARA - you know you have to do at least three games in more than two months don't you, so its going to take until mid to late September irrespective of how many times you play ?

try www.airsoftmap.net for nearest site and stores.

Don't always go cheap on things look at player reviews (not just bad ones).

when you go to site if you see a gun you might be interested in ask the own if you can have a look most will let you and show anything that troubles them with it.

I did and found a few of the RIF I was looking at felt strange to me.

• Supporters

Hi baz,

Yes i know i have to play 3 games the site im going to has an event every sunday so i should get it by mid august :)

No, you won't. It's 3 games in NOT LESS than 2 months, so if you were to go this Sunday (20th) the soonest you'd be able to get a site membership and be put on the UKARA database is 21st September.

Hey I believe they are called something else now, I'm not sure what but if they around 250+ quid probably a top tech, don't hold me to it though, but I know they are quite a bit more expensive than the combo machines...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.