Should Ricochets Count ?

Del Monty

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ricochets count as a hit or not ?

• Yes They Should
    • No They Should Not

• Supporters

This is something that's been niggling me for a while now ...

I have been to several site recently that have mixed rules on ricochets and hits ..

Some sites do not count ricochets as a hit, but you must declare a 'Gun Hit', where other sites count ricochet as a hit, in which case you are dead and need medic/re-spawn.

What is the general consensus on this .. does it make a difference to the game play if they count or not ?

• Supporters

DEFFO NOT - but I do wonder if many shooters believe they DO COUNT

what I mean is - sometimes I might feel a "tap" from a possible stray ricochet

now I say POSSIBLE ricochet coz I don't see where every shot is coming from

and most likely it IS a ricochet or some JBBG Fart Gun I felt the full impact from

I do not run with loads of armour or plate carrier etc - just perhaps a sweater/light jacket

so I SHOULD feel most stuff I tend to think - but I am a big hard man - ergh no I am not

BUT - if I feel another "tap" then I WILL call that hit - could still be a ricochet or some JBBG

gun might have got one more .12g to just about land or roll along floor to me - just

That is how I honestly tend to roll or run with - if I am a cheater or non-hit taker then ban/flame me

Trust me I know what a direct hit feels like coz I don't wear loads of stuff like I said

2 possible ricochets then most likely I will call a hit to be sure I am trying to play fair

Most real bullets will end up in walls etc... but suppose numerous people had had

the $hit luck to end up dead from some lucky freak ricochet no doubt...

I mean forget it so to speak it is just a game no prizes usually so 2 possible ricochets I call it

some might say bollox 3 or 4 perhaps - but is difficult in heat of battle to say:

Cease fire a sec - OK who has the green or black bb's - ahh you now was you actually aiming or...

Yeah right - quick bit of common sense and maybe call it if not sure if you get ricochet again etc...

Don't fancy going to Naturist Airsoft - uuurrggghhh - well maybe if lots of lovely ladies wanna play

but that might be the only way to fully ensure less non-hit takers

Ah naked airsoft!!! Sounds like the inter platoon shoot outs in Support Company lines circa 1991!! Lol

• Supporters

Well couple of weeks ago we had a few blokes wanted to be "hard" so they took off their T Shirts

(alas the one girl was on enemy team - boooo (or boooobs)

Anyway - 4 or 5 blokes running round thinking they were F*CK YEAH I'M HARD AS NAILS !!!!

Should of seen them getting to attack positions gingerly trying to navigate through stinging nettles

oouch oooh arrrghhh ouuuchhhh - was funny to watch :)

• Supporters

topless airsofters... never good. I always think to myself when I see it "Fellas, you're getting shot with 6mm plastic balls not blow darts, they don't hurt that much! You just look like a slightly over/underweight pasty white weirdo running round with no shirt on!"

If they wanted to show they had balls they would do a firing line against paintballers. Just saying it hurts more.

As for the topic at hand. Short answer = NO.

I alwats call them myself even though there is no rule to say I should and I wouldn't expect other people to call them if I got them with a richochet. As others have said, if in doubt its better to just call hit and respawn :)

One important part about airsoft is not just that we have a good day out ourselves but so does everyone else, if someone has spent the time to calculate the ricochet by following the bb path and you think damn that was good why not just call it a hit, it will make his day and in so turn yours too as everyone will be playing better :)

• Supporters

nah gotta disagree with that - this airsoft not a friggin' game of squash, snooker or billiards/pool

yeah maybe shooter might be great at working out maths n physics - but we came to shoot

and by that I mean direct hit shooting....

otherwise we would start awarding half hits, poxy bang rule, and well you was a good sport so I will commit suicide for you

ricochets are NOT direct hits and are not even LUCKY shots they are ricochets which in real

life 90-99% would not happen - ok in real life if somebody is inside a 1 inch thick timber house

think they would be brown bread if I sarting firing at those thin walls with a real M4

I mean there all sorts of exceptions - grenade nope I am not hit my buddies took full force of blast

your gun gets shot & no secondary - uhm well not really dead just no weapon so I could spectate

yup I will call that sniper kill on me once I got my measuring tape to confirm MED

I could go on - and very often do but there has to be a balance mixed with some common sense too

Like I say - I have called HIT on 2 possible ricochets - never will know if they were both or 1 direct hit

but I usually call it on 2 ricochets - perhaps others might say 3 or 4 or completly no way

Once you call you can't start walking and then think - no hang on a sec that might.....

The shooter might not see that way - he may have shot me directly, but if I didn't feel a hit I don't call it

well not on first possible tap - but second well OK I say......

Now either I am a pussy little wimp or I am a cheating non-hit taker - maybe both

I don't know and tbh I don't care really I try to play fair - if any of my enemies think I don't take my hits:

B O L L O X - I try to play fair, report me to a Marshal and just before you do

sort your own dirty cheating non-hit taking bastid team out first coz there is much worse going on

little note also... in "reality" the bullets would in most cases either lose most of it's velocity on impact, or simply pierce what it hits, depending on ammo type.

One important part about airsoft is not just that we have a good day out ourselves but so does everyone else, if someone has spent the time to calculate the ricochet by following the bb path and you think damn that was good why not just call it a hit, it will make his day and in so turn yours too as everyone will be playing better :)

calculate the ricochet?? what ya talkin' 'bout?? just lit a room up from the outside and you've ricocheted everyone inside of it. stops becoming a sport. Bunker have banned pyros for this very reason, people using them instead of trying to shot people.

Should of seen them getting to attack positions gingerly trying to navigate through stinging nettles

Was playing in the evening a few months ago... was laying down to get a good position.. arms covered nettles (I don't see them, just feel them).. oh well, sucks but I'm already in position so moving wont do much good!

20 minutes or so later when walking to safe zone and looking down at arms... filled with ants!!! once all ants had been gotten rid of arms looked like they do after full-auto-cqb :P

Assuming this is TWA woodland, those nettles are a right pain seeing as they only seem to grow on the paths! Always rip my legs and arms to bits even through BDU's

• Supporters

Assuming this is TWA woodland, those nettles are a right pain seeing as they only seem to grow on the paths! Always rip my legs and arms to bits even through BDU's

yup both of you two been there I presume, wasn't there myself but son was with Rihanna - FireHawk

bloody loud 8itch - plus somebody reported him for not taking his hits funny enough

so he felt a hit and as always looked around saw top Marshal putting his gun back in its holster

asked wtf - your not taking hits which he swears he was but $hit happens I say:

stopped ya 8itching about it or the other team etc..... you play fair or don't play at all

but but - well I believe you was trying to play fair - but but - oh shut up you tart I say...

yup them stinging nettles - think them marshals go back and purposely plant more on the paths

hark at me - grown men scared of a few nettles - lol

Why ain't you two in bed at gone 3:30am - hey fancy a night time skirmish ??

(nah gonna turn in soon)

Insomnia :rolleyes:

TWA woodland is absoulute murder for the "call your hits crew" they'll be hitting shrubs or you're well out of range oblivious to them. Tell your son not to worry about it, I've stopped attended the sight as it was not much good to begin with but just descended into even more squalour, the good marshals left because the owner runs his business in a very silly way that doesn't make much sense. Theres a few people who are twats too but you can't fault most of the regulars. It was mainly the site layout that caused me to stop attending, it was just too repetitive, no good firing points, if you're in a building you're set to die etc.

Also, it's not even the nettles, its the 2 inch thorns on them lol! :unsure:

All I can say about TWA marshals is that when I used to play there... which is a while ago.. they where nice enough and never bothered me. however if I should go on the opinions voiced by faceless people online, I would not think very highly of them.

damn we're going off topic.

It depends what type of material they bounce off. If they bounce of metal at a small under 45 degree angle, an angle that a bullet would ricochet off that should be counted. But if the bb bounces off a material at a high angle that a bullet would penetrate they should be counted.

But this is Airsoft and no one will be looking at the angle. But NO, they shouldn't be counted.

They shouldn't be counted but you need to be pretty confident its a ricochet before you don't call it. I had one round hit my hand while I was backed up against a wall where I knew the enemy had no direct line to me. I called hit immediately and then looked around for how it got me. I found the barrel the guy was shooting at that was bouncing them around the corner and called back in. He was specifically going for the ricochet kill and that personally I think is not right, very much against the spirit of the game. I don't think ricochets should count but I can't often tell the difference and its not uncommon for me not to see the shooter so I probably end up calling a lot of them as genuine hits.

• Supporters

Think most of us feel the same way in general so it is good to know

We all try to play fair I like to think

Some may play a bit too fair or good sportsmanship

Others might be a bit the other side of true fairness

It all depends on your take and very much in heat of moment I suppose

Ricochet, bang rule etc... - good to know that in general we are all roughly on same page

slightly different limits of fair play in some cases but to be expected - nobody is wrong here

They play their way but we can't always expect eveyone to play EXACTLY to our own rules

or our own limits of fair-play & sportsmanship

happy (fair-play) shooting - ffs it is just a game - well to most of us, some do take it too serious

(oi you come here - wallop, wack, biff, pow, kazaamm, ummphhh - anyone remember batman ?)

• Supporters

Do you think its those who 'take it seriously' that cause the most issues ?

I am meaning this in general .. not personal to anyone .. I have played a lot with ex forces members and never seem to have any issues with regards to hit taking, over aggressiveness or general attitude towards the game.

• Supporters

Thought it might be relevant, features a ricochet.

• Supporters

LOL - f u c k me that is a bit too fair in my book

thought they may have a punch up over bloke calling his ricochet hit

no it was a ricochet no I'm dead, no it must be a ricochet m8....

Look don't start telling me........

but all are playing way fairier than some I have seen lately

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.