Importing HK to UK: Which Delivery

Trojan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

UPS v EMS v Own Courier

What do you think is the best option, heard a lot of good and bad things from both sides, for deliveries in UK I tend to go UPS/DPD or most big names as they tend to be very reliable, haven't heard of EMS before but looking by it, it seems very reputable etc etc.

It's for a large shipment of about $150 of airsoft parts from WGC. EMS costs $33 and UPS Saver is $38. Not really much difference so want to know who I should go for and who would be fastest.

Any experience using them to deliver airsoft parts? Also should I lower the invoice price to around 70-80% and have any of you guys ever been put through customs for $150< airsoft parts?

Just want to add do many people go for the custom delivery option on WGC? Do you find it cheaper/better and how do you find out dimensions / size of your order anyway?

As soon as it reaches the UK, EMS is handed over to Parcelfarce to deliver...Just go with UPS, less hassle, and you won't have to deal with the extortionate handling fee for express parcels. Oh and UPS will deliver your item before charging you for customs VAT, whereas PF will hold the parcel ransom until you pay both the VAT and Handling Charge.

I have used EMS for £100 of Aussie uniform no problem. I have also had a gun come from the US costing £200 with USPS. Both ended up delivered by Parcel force. I actually like parcel force, they always deliver at 8:30-8:40 am without fail, I guess I'm at the start of someones route :)

The £200 gun cost me £45 in customs charges including the £8 handling fee. You get a slip through the mail telling you how much you need to pay and can do it over the internet and specify when you want delivery, you can have your stuff the next day.

OK great so I can pay customs using my card awesome, can I pay in cash to the driver himself?

If you had to pick one out of these who would you pick:

UPS v EMS v DHL v FedEx

• 1 month later...

OK great so I can pay customs using my card awesome, can I pay in cash to the driver himself?

If you had to pick one out of these who would you pick:

UPS v EMS v DHL v FedEx

UPS>FedEx>EMS>DHL (DHL are the bottom, because apparently the town I live in doesn't exist, despite them having a DHL commercial depot in it...)

You cannot pay the driver, he is not allowed to receive cash.

DHL will not deliver RIFs, whether within the UK or from abroad. Had that problem when I tried to use them to send one to the IoM and they stopped it at the airport and refused point blank to fly it over. Took ages to get it back.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.