Airsoft Lubrication

Trojan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Bought an abbey grease set recently for dead cheap (only £12!) and want to confirm some things with the lovely folks of AF-UK:

The "Abbey Gun Grease LT2" goes on the gears and just the gears (what happens if some accidently gets in the top end near the rails etc and touches the piston, anything I should worry about, as the main gear that meshes with the piston will get some on the piston rack?

The "Abbey Silicone Gun Oil 35" goes down the barrel and I use the cleaning rod with it and drop some oil on a bit off tissue then remove and re-clean the oil off with clean tissue

The "Abbey Silicone Grease" goes on the piston rails (on the gearbox), the piston itself and the piston head around the orings and the orings of the cylinder head + inside the air-seal nozzle.

Thanks guys please just confirm the above for me

Do not use oil on the barrel, if it gets on the hop rubber it will reduce effectiveness. Silicon oil is good for seals on gas guns, grease is for gearboxes, silicon grease would be for pistons.

For barrel cleaning just use a small bit of rag. You can use alcahol and dry it with fresh clean rag if you need to.

• Supporters

I would not put anything in the barrel that stays there. Just clean it with rubbing alcohol once a while and that's it.

The gears should be greased a bit once in some years and the piston and cylinder gets a very tiny amount of silicone grease.

I would put a very tiny amount of thick grease (in your case the gear grease) on the bottom of the nozzle where it would touch it every cycle and distribute it on the cylinder head's nozzle thing (I don't know it's name) so it won't go dry but I wouldn't put any lubricant in it directly.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.