Ares Amoeba Honey Badger

Caliber

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

It seems every photo of the weapon they are holding it that way .. it looks too rigid and awkward.

(( 300 Posts FTW!!!!! ))

300? Amateur!

It's come from a real steel shooting technique designed to help with controlling recoil but it's just fashion/dumbassery in airsoft.

300? Amateur!

It's come from a real steel shooting technique designed to help with controlling recoil but it's just fashion/dumbassery in airsoft.

Not entirely useless if you're using a gas rifle with a particularly hefty recoil ;) In the case of this, its incredibly pointless.

Yeah, but that translates to £220 landed in the UK.

£220 isn't so bad. Same price as my GBBR. May consider this thing as my first RIF once I'm able (and if I decide not to build an AK-105).

UPDATE

Redwolf have started pre-orders at £148, link below. I'll up date the original post aswell.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_ARES_ARES_Amoeba_AM_013_DE.htm

That seems afully cheap... I'm not expecting good internals.

Let me parrot what 90% of airsofters say when ares comes up with something interesting.

''Looks nice,shame it's Ares''

That's my opinion,basically!

You actually just read my mind.

TM should add a few more types to their recoil shock series then we would be talking :)

I hate the way you hold them with your hand right at the top/end of the barrel .. its looks so unnatural and wrong . :/ might just be me.

I agree, I can understand it for CQB room clearing but some guys always hold it like that looks wrong to me too!

Knowing TM though there would probably be a fair bit of compromise on externals,especially on combloc guns and guns generally fully steel.Their Recoil AKs were offender in that regard. Lots of recalls in Japan for durability issues,and the AK74M being discontinued and the AK104 too,for a limited time.

I'd love to see a recoil shock L85 or SVD AEG. With TM's legendary hop the SVD would be epic

I'd love to see a recoil shock L85 or SVD AEG. With TM's legendary hop the SVD would be epic

A TM recoil L85 that would be sooo sexy.

Knowing TM though there would probably be a fair bit of compromise on externals,especially on combloc guns and guns generally fully steel.Their Recoil AKs were offender in that regard. Lots of recalls in Japan for durability issues,and the AK74M being discontinued and the AK104 too,for a limited time.

Man you know so much!

• Supporters

Not entirely useless if you're using a gas rifle with a particularly hefty recoil ;) In the case of this, its incredibly pointless.

Even a gas rifle won't have so much recoil you need to hold your gun like that. It may be a lot for airsoft but in real terms it's never going to be anywhere near a real firearm.

Even a gas rifle won't have so much recoil you need to hold your gun like that. It may be a lot for airsoft but in real terms it's never going to be anywhere near a real firearm.

Inokatsu MTW SOPMOD is pretty damn close (when it works)..

• Supporters

Doesn't matter though, even the limited recoil of airsoft moves the gun slightly putting you slightly off target, anything to reduce that is a benefit. Not hugely but a bit nonetheless.

I find that it reduces the amount of sway in a gun a pretty large amount too. Normally you have the vast majority of the weight of the rifle supported by just the very bottom, holding the gun further out and higher up reduces that somewhat, kind of like holding a hockey stick- if you held just the bottom, it's got more mass that can become unstable, hold it half way and it's much less likely.

I don't hold rifles in the full-on thumb over bore style but I tend to hold them much further forward than normal, since my old m14 gave me no choice but to do that as the weight was so far forwards I just carried it over onto pretty much every things else, it's more tiring over extended periods but definitely keeps the rifle more solidly planted in the shoulder.

I like that style of grip. I use an AFG on my rifle and its designed to be held that way. My block II M4 is pretty front heavy and holding it like that is far more comfortable than arm further in. Much quicker to aquire targets too as it gives much better "pointability" and control.

I hold all my rifles that way. It just feels so much more natural than putting my hand under the handguard.

Here's an interesting quote from Mark Owen's Instagram account:

I’ve noticed a lot of team guys run the gun holding the vfg as opposed to the c-clamp etc. Obv its all preference/comfort and it keeps your hand in the same place for light activation etc. Any other specifics as to why? I notice it primarily with Team dudes.’

‘’ just my opinion,,,,, whoever the hell came up with the “C clamp” method of shooting has probably spent all his time and the range and never in actual combat!!! Those are two totally different animals!! I combat shoot!!! Ie, hand on the very grip! Great question though!!!’’

Full article: http://markowenseal.wordpress.com/weapons/

• 1 month later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.